Where is everyone at??

dirtchicken

Just wondering where everybody is. What ever happened to Tom?? My starter and VB is still not here.:mad: My interior is currently torn apart getting the sound deadener and black carpet installed. I am also getting the headliner, visors, cloth on the doors and the back wall done in black suede. I am also painting all the plastic in the interior black. Still not sure whether to get aftermarket seats or go with the Expy console. So many decisions to make. Check you guys later. Peace!;w

Hey, man. What's up? I'm still hanging out at Schofield. Finally getting money back to my name, and the Army is cutting me an 18k severance paycheck. Should be out in about a month.

Not much going on with the truck, nothing exciting like yours. Trying to sell my nitrous kit...never got it hooked up, and just decided screw it. Have a 6lb pulley on the way, trying to decide whether or not to buy a Predator or SCT Tuner, trying to cut a deal on a Wideband Commander, looking for an Expy console... Helping out the guys at LightningRodder.com

Y'know, the normal stuff. Really hope I get to see your truck running before I leave the island.

Also looking into buying the QTEC exhaust cutouts, but I'm not sure which package to buy, and I'm a little nervous since someone mentioned that they heard they used to have problems leaking.

Found a WBC for $469. Good price, ya think?

By the way... You know anything about powdercoating? I have the silver Grillcraft, and I've kinda changed my mind and wish I had bought the black one, that is almost transparent at some angles. Think I could just have it powdercoated black? Are there any good places around here that wouldn't damage it? How long does it take?

Okay, enough questions. Take it easy.

Last edited:
Sup Thomas, long time no see! This saturday, about six of us will be running at the tracks. I just added some dynatech longtubes and I wanna see what it can do.

as for the QTECs, if you look under your truck, theres no room to install it. Ever heard a set of longtubes?:eek: You might just change your mind.

-John

Last edited:
Hey, man. Sorry I never got back to you, I broke my cell phone. Still haven't called them for a replacement yet. Haha...

I know it's tight, but there are a couple of people who have installed cutouts. But it seems there's a problem with leaking...so I'm about to scratch that idea.

Dude, I would love longtubes...but I have no freaking idea how to even go about installing stuff like that.

Tom, like I told you before I'd be happy to help you with installs. As for powdercoating I use Sunset Refinishers. They are in the Pearl City Industrial area. Very nice people. They did my rims black and my SB exhaust tips ceramic black. If you need anything let me know. Hopefully I'll get the truck started this weekend. I still have to finish the Brown Bread Extreme and get the rest of the interior plastic painted. Also the headliner and other things still have to go to the upholstry shop. My black carpet from ACC came in today. I have a busy weekend.:mad:

Nah, I never got to it. Money was *extremely* tight for the last two months.

I'll come out to the tracks this weekend. What day?

Steve, you plan on showing up?

LT headers... I'm starting to be convinced. Can you guys recommend who to go with for 'em? Even though the truck is basically stock, the modding isn't going to stop...so why not knock these out now. Screw it. And hopefully the sound is as killer as everyone says.

Suggestions on which to go with? Any deals going on?

Last edited:
You got either Kooks from JDM or Dynatech from REM. both are stainless steel and it will take you a good day to swap the headers. I got the Dynatechs w/ the hi-flow cats. Price for the headers and cats runs for 1200+ bucks.

We'll be at the tracks on Saturday night. see ya then

by the way, If you want to sell your rollpan, let me know.

Hahaha... I don't want to sell it, man. Sorry - I think it'll look really nice when I finally have money for it. Wish I could hook you up.

Speaking of which...you know where any Expy consoles are on the island up for grabs?

Back