What software would i go about using to tune a moates quarterhorse?

Chance_dewoody

was going to get the tweecer rt but after searching i decided on the guarterhorse. Half the price and better reviews. So my question is what software would i need to tune th eguarterhorse for my a9p? Truck has forged flat tops, Trick flow stage 1 cam, Headwork, triple springs, bored .040, Votech v1 supercharger, etc.;)

Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer.

Talk to Adam at popsracing and Email your new questions to Clint McGarrity at Moates. Then either go stand alone Holley or talk to Steve Stock about a Tweecer...lol

Last edited:
All I am going to say is good luck, getting your questions answered, I know I tried.
Trial and error, or get some help from someone that knows BE.

As with all tuning, if you do it yourself, you better be willing to read and want to learn. I have been playing with this stuff for about 15 years now OBD1 Ford stuff and some Ford Obd2 and I learn new things regularly. Above all patience is a virtue. I know you can get the job done with either moaets qh or tweecer---pick your poison

All I am going to say is good luck, getting your questions answered, I know I tried.
Trial and error, or get some help from someone that knows BE.

This is why most guys go with the tweecer because guys have experience with it here.

This is why most guys go with the tweecer because guys have experience with it here.

This is definitely a big reason, and as someone who's been messing with this stuff for a buncha years the Moates stuff is convoluted. Buy this, then license that, then buy something else, and so on. Oh don't forget about the battery you have to replace in the tuning device...

With the QH you need the QH itself and binary editor. Then you download the definition (based on what ecu you have) and start tuning.

It's not that bad...

I always go back to the conversation that I tried to have with the guy that wrote BE, 1st. he would not take a phone call, said he was to busy. 2nd he would not answer any questions that had to do with tuning, said he could get sued. 3rd[ really at that point, I do not think a third will be needed.

And to be quite honest all my questions had to do with the GUI and not so much about the tuning.

It all just leaves a dry taste in my mouth, spend 500$ then please go away, not very professional.

I totally get that. Very disappointing. I never dealt with him.

There's a lot of good info on eectuning.org and efidynotuning.com.

A lot of the mustang guys use QH, so they can be helpful as well.

Diabolic uses a QH and has had great success with it. PM him as he has been missing lately. Where is Charles these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a quarterhorse on my 95 f150 and my 91 mustang (and previously my 93 mustang which i sold). I use binary editor for tuning and it has a steep learning curve for sure. I've been messing with it for at least 5 years now and in no way consider myself an expert. The eectuning forum is where the qh/be experts reside and they can be really helpful but there isn't a ton of support for the truck ecu's like there is for the mustang ecu's. I can try to help ya with any easy questions you might have.

Good luck!

Back