What Shift Kit to use? (Long)

S

Speedy

What Shift Kit to use? (Long)

Im on the market for a shift kit. Im looking for a tried and true kit with no hassles. Im looking for a kit that does not have a HEAD SNAPPIN shift, but a firm one.I also understand the dynamics behind converter and shift harsness. I have a profesionally built tranny on my Grand National and learned grat deal from its builder.
I know they are 2 different animals , but same principle.

1.What is the best shiftkit to use on a 95L?.

2.Im confused as to the pricing of some of these kits.
B&M has one in Summit for less than 40.00 then the Trans go is 100.00. Whats the deal here?More parts in one kit than another?

3.Iv e read some past posts in ref. to problems with the trans go kits. I want some thing that I wont have a problem with, Install and drive
smile.gif

4.Also are there any other Hard parts that shoul be upgraded while Im in there?

5.How many of you are doing the Friction Modifier in the tranny thing? Is this something new?

Thanks in adavance
smile.gif

Louie

------------------
95 Red Lightning
87 Buick Grand National
11.60/114 1.62 60ft.

Hey there I dont know about the shift kits but I have a PA valve body 149+exchange.Its great and very firm.
The 95shave the better transmissions and I dont think you need to upgrade it unless you go crazy on power hehe.Later

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne

speedy i used the b&m transpak it had two setting rv/tow (easy shift) street strip (firm shift) think the kit was $69. it came with several springs and plates also had a pan gasket and new filter. use the reuglar ford trans oil nothing special. there are several other guy's that have used it. i love my kit the truck shift's hard under full throttle. while driving normal it shift's firm but not to hard. just my 2 cents.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-12-2000).]

Five o,
I take it you have the race setting now huh?Thanks for the info > Ill look into the B&M.
Louie

------------------
95 Red Lightning
87 Buick Grand National
11.60/114 1.62 60ft.

speedy yes i do have it set for street/strip.the part number is 10055. got if from summit make sure you ask for the transpak. no problems with it and i drive my truck every where..

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Back