What did you do to your gen 1 today

Ok its time to put Zzapped back together. All my parts are home finally. A couple of warm days coming up and I should get stuff painted and ready to bolt up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have gotten quite a bit done on the front end. Frame, suspension etc.

picsoritdidnthappen_zps5zvnbqlj.jpg

Well, you done shut my mouth Kev ... nice work.

Thank you sir.. Your my inspiration Ron!

Did a little more yesterday and plan to work on it today as well. I"ll try to keep pics updated, probably use my original post for the build.

Pretty basic stuff here, but put a new starter on today.

By "new" I mean "new." Bosch unit that is supposed to be 100% new - not reman.

The little shield thing that goes on top of the solenoid (not pictured but ya'll know what I'm talking about)..
1) what is the purpose? Heat shield? Arc shield?
2) should it slide out far enough to go over the connections or does it just sit over the solenoid?
3) while it is hard to remove once you have it on, it can shuffled around quite a bit on top of the starter. Seems like it would rattle around a lot going down the road,
4) do you guys even know what I'm talking about? Lol...wondering if you all even you this piece

dbe7d93df2738d758e206751f46c9fed.jpg

5c57c93969e9794779dc97077a28dee8.jpg

d3f96e2d60a2542eb30b55c5ae5b8bc3.jpg

Yeah, I know I gotta figure out something on that o2 sensor wiring.

Last edited:
Since i bought my truck it had a miss and i could not track it down.It would shut off when i put it in reverse.Yesterday i found a cracked plug in it so got that taking care of.Checked timing because the spout was still wrapped in the factory spot with the factory tape.It was only on 5 degree's so i set it to 14 and well that explained why it was so sluggish LOL. So now the truck has new Taylor 8mm wires,Taylor cap,Taylor rotor,Autolite plugs,MSD Coil.

Engine stand should be in today so if it is there at the house after work, I will start the tear down for the motor.

Masking parts for painting. Hopefully I can paint tomorrow and begin reassembly next week now the the holiday noise is over.
f7fec2f13bcccf7a714a6d68463c4f41.jpg
608eb37f3be4dd6355d15ef0b712fb75.jpg

Masking parts for painting. Hopefully I can paint tomorrow and begin reassembly next week now the the holiday noise is over.

Looks good jim!! Did the wife let you clean the parts in the kitchen sink?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is what my parents kitchen looked like when I was growing up in the late 60s Except it was Chrysler hemi parts.....I could never figure out why my father went to the dark side?

Looks good jim!! Did the wife let you clean the parts in the kitchen sink?

Adam@cgm cleaned these in his hot tank. Masking off all the critical surfaces took place in the kitchen while wifey was at work. Priming and painting happens outside.
I'm not going to mess with the force... lmao.

This is what my parents kitchen looked like when I was growing up in the late 60s Except it was Chrysler hemi parts.....I could never figure out why my father went to the dark side?

Your father was wise....:)

Adam@cgm cleaned these in his hot tank. Masking off all the critical surfaces took place in the kitchen while wifey was at work. Priming and painting happens outside.
I'm not going to mess with the force... lmao.

"These are not the Droids your looking for"

Back