What are your Lightning's Gas Mileage ??

svtfanatic'95

My Lightning has a 408 stroker and its a major gas hog. I gets around 9-10 in the city and 12 on the highway...:headscratch: Would you guys mind telling me what you get ??

On my original stock motor, I average about 11 city / 15 hwy.

Best hwy I've seen was 16-1/2, straight & level on I-95 with cruise on a chilly day in early spring

Worst city I've seen was 9-1/2 in the heat of the summer with a fair amount of of lead-footin'

I don't think you're doing too bad for a 408.

Mine is 11 period. City or hwy. i took a 1300 mi trip from SaTx to Stillwater Ok n back avg 80 on hwy n trk would not get over 12 mpg. I rarely ck my mpg as I just dont care I dont own it for mpg. Hell I have 3 Mustangs n 2 F150s n none of them r economy cars. But all r pd off so It makes no difference. I would rather drive my gas hogs n be happy then drive a prius n b pissed off all the time.

my highway mileage depends alot on speed, 80+ and my mpg plummets. 75 and under and i get 16-18ish. dont even keep track of city mileage, ive got a solid lead foot and a i like to let the hippies know how i feel about my carbon emissions.

About .3 mpg at the track lmao

On stock motor, I got 14.5 coming back from Arizona to Texas going 70/80mph depending on what the speed limit was.

Last time I checked actual mileage on the highway, was stock shortblock, with h/c/i and blower. She got about 10 IIRC at 70mph.

Don't think I've ever checked it on current combo.

quick hijack

tbone, i just checked out the links in your sig. you have some of the cleanest rides ive ever seen. i especially like your sub setups, very nice.

I see 10-12 in town depnding on how i drive and what the temp is. Usually 10 in the summer woth the ac cranked and about 15.5 on the highway running 75. Truck has mass air,converter,VB and full exhaust

I average 13.9 mpg, combined city/hiway on Phillips 66 - 93 octane E10. That is with stock size tires, 36 psi tire press and with a 460 air inlet tube.

On a side note, my 2011 5.0L F150 SCab avg's 19.5 mpg on Shell 93 octane E10 driving the same route as the L.

I can tool along burning ~17 on the road and 13 city, since I did my exhaust, UD pulleys and EFan setup. Prior to the mods MPG was around 11.5 all around.
I'd love to see 19 hwy, but I'll have to learn tuning and do the proverbial wideband and Qhorse.
Not quite there, but it will happen eventually.

When I drive my truck it 9-11 but if my daughter drives she can get 13.

As for towing. Almost no matter what I pull I get 9-10.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back