WFC10 Indy Road Construction...FYI!!!

Speedin Bob

INSANE Asylum Orderly
Gang,

Indianapolis is just starting a major road construction project next week that will affect folks traveling to Indy from the East on Interstate 70.

Below is a quote from Indiana D.O.T. regarding truck restrictions. "Trucks greater than 13 tons GVWR and any vehicles pulling a trailer(s) will be prohibited from the construction zone. Through traffic will be routed south around I-465. Trucks making deliveries to Indianapolis businesses adjacent to I-70 must find alternate routes to their destinations on city streets." Additionally, "The maximum fine for “Disregarding a Traffic Control Sign” will be $500.00. The maximum fine for “speeding in a work zone” will be $1000.00."

IRP/ORP is located on the west side of Indy so those with trailers coming in from the East will have a detour.

For more info: http://www.in.gov/dot/div/projects/i70/

Bob

...Speedin Bob, thanks for postin this up...I will be coming into Indianapolis with a truck and trailer from the northeast on 69 hwy..
...To get to the track, would I be able to continue onto Binford Blvd, right onto 38th street, across to Derby Trail to Hwy 136...or where 69 meets 485, and then head south on 485 to loop around to 74/136...

...Thanks Steve

Steve,

Best bet to get to the track and avoid the surface streets (read: stoplights galore) is to take 465 west off of 69 south.

Take 465 West to 465 South. (465 is Indy's beltway)

Take 465 South to 38th St. Turn right (west) on 38th St and ti will turn into Derby trail.

Take Derby trail to 136. Turn right onto 136 and it will take you thru Clermont and onto IRP/ORP.

Bob

...That's great..(.My typo error on the 485.)...So go across the top of Indianapolis on 465, and then drop down on 465 south...
...Perfect, thanks for the reply....

..Steve

Speedin Bob said:
Steve,

Best bet to get to the track and avoid the surface streets (read: stoplights galore) is to take 465 west off of 69 south.

Take 465 West to 465 South. (465 is Indy's beltway)

Take 465 South to 38th St. Turn right (west) on 38th St and ti will turn into Derby trail.

Take Derby trail to 136. Turn right onto 136 and it will take you thru Clermont and onto IRP/ORP.

Bob

Bob,

I think you mean Dandy Trail.

At the intersection of Dandy Trail and 136 (AKA Crawfordsville Rd) you have a VP gas station and a CVS, thats where you want to turn West (right)

Back