WFC10 Fuel Regs.. samples taken, etc.

Speedin Bob

INSANE Asylum Orderly
Anyone know the hubub about the fuel rules for WFC10.

(copied from WFC website)... site link http://www.worldfordchallenge.com/class.php?c=fuelreg

"1. Competitors may use any racing gasoline currently accepted by any nationally recognized drag racing sanctioning body; i.e. NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, etc.

2. Commercially available retail "pump" gasoline may be used.

3. Gasoline must be commercially available to all competitors, and as produced by the manufacturer, including dye color. No “private” brands allowed. Gasoline presented for testing in drums must have the original manufacturer’s label.

4. Use of any other fuel is grounds for disqualification. Normal fuel testing procedures and rules will apply. Alcohol, mixing gasoline, and other mixed fuel additives are strictly prohibited. Any competitor found to be using illegal fuel will forfeit any winnings and will be immediately disqualified from competition. Driver must state exactly the fuel being used.

5. All cars will submit to fuel check before and/or after any qualifying and/or elimination run. At the discretion of the Fuel Check staff, fuel samples may be taken directly at the carburetor inlet. Fuel samples may be held at the discretion of the Tech Director for further post-event chemical analysis. Deliberate failure to stop at fuel check after each run or when directed by the Tech Director will be grounds for disqualification.

6. Specific gasoline brands are not always available on-site due to track rules and regulations. Competitors are advised to ensure their gasoline is approved and ensure they have an adequate supply before coming to the track.Note: Commercially available retail "pump" gasoline may be used. Gasoline must be as blended by the manufacturer. Normal fuel testing procedures and rules will apply. Alcohol, mixing gasoline, and other mixed fuel additives are strictly prohibited. Any competitor found to be using illegal fuel will forfeit any winnings and will be immediately disqualified from competition. Driver must state exactly the fuel he/she is using."

Guess adding a couple of gallons of 100 octane is a No No this year.

I think this rule is mainly for the bigger Mustang classes where the payout is large.

I don't think we'll have a problem.

I'd agree. I don't think mixing available gasolines is a big deal, either. I believe what they're trying to prevent is special wizard formulations for the big boys and adding nitromethane.

Back