Wanted: Intercooler Radiator

• Thread starter Versendaal-Parts
  • Start date
V

Versendaal-Parts

I am looking for a used 99-01 Intercooler radiator that someone may have removed to install a custom (aluminum Griffin or something) heat exchanger. I am making a air\water intercooler for my Mustang SVO and I think one of these would work great. Thanks

You do know these are air to air intercoolers don't you.

------------------
93 lightning red
paxton 6#
comp. cust. roller
9.4 to 1 forged
head work
8.7 in the 1/8

I know exactly what they are, I have worked on a few 99+ Lightings and know how their cooler works, and owned several 2.3 turbo cars. What I am doing is taking a 87-88 Turbo Coupe intercooler and jacketing it and using a front mount heat exhanger (intercooler radiator) with a electric pump to circulate the water and a 1 gallon tank.
One guy I know used a set-up like this, but had no heat exchanger just a 1.5 gal tank full of ice water to circulate, which works great on the strip (he has a full weight 84 converible with a 2.3 that runs 11.60's) but not for to long on street. And the way the that the production air/air intercoolers are mounted above the exhaust manifold has very little effect "charge-air cooling" once everything is up to operating temp.

Back