Wanted: demo derby cars

C

Clutchfan

Hello,

I'm looking for derby cars, specifically '71-76 full size GM wagons and sedans, any big Mopar up to '78, and ESPECIALLY any 60's or 70's Imperial or New Yorker. Preferrably cars that run and drive as is. Just in case any of you happen to run across one of these, shoot me an email. I live in SE Michigan, but I can travel for the right car. Thanks.

------------------
'01 L, red, stock except for Magnaflow muffler and K&N filter

Hey, were almost neighbors, about 15 minutes away. I can keep my eye out around Toledo and such. I race bombers at Oakshade, this coming season though I'm gonna race a factory stock instead at Toledo Speedway, wich is basically a little more than an enduro car, so I do run into seeing these type of cars for sale a lot. The only thing closest I've seen right now is on Alexis Road between Secor, and Talmadge, there is a mid 80's Ford LTD, or Crown Vic, not sure wich one, but it looks strong a tank, and they are asking $495. Its on the same side of the road as the Speedway Station, couple lots to the right at an auto repair shop, right on the side of the road. Not sure if your looking for something like that, but I saw it on my way to work and always thought it could make a decent demo, or enduro car. Currently I'm trying to hunt down a 73-77 chevelle for parts (doors, fenders, etc) getting hard to find though

Hey thanks man,

Actually, those LTD'S aren't bad. They hold up pretty well, I'll check that one out. Only problem I have with those is their EFI, which poses a problem when relocating the gas tank. I typically use a boat tank, but with EFI they have the pump inside the tank. About those 73-77 Chevys, GOOD LUCK. They aren't around here much anymore, people I know are having to go south and west to find them. I know if you get into Toledo, there are alot of the old tanks still floating around, especially Cadillacs. I keep hoping somebody will run across an old Impala wagon or Chrysler Imperial and let me know about it, chances are slim but I can hope.

------------------
'01 L, red, stock except for Magnaflow muffler and K&N filter

Back