Want to lower my 03

Thanks for the info guys, I'm not gonna haul anything but azz and occasionally tow my Lang smoker... lol. Just got the Gen2, I've had a couple of Gen1's so looking forward to enjoying the 03. Thanks again.

Just to clarify.

It’s what I hear from most.
Which could be lies.
In my opinion if you drop any vehicle, it’s not going to ride like right out the factory. It’s going to ride rough.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm not gonna haul anything but azz and occasionally tow my Lang smoker... lol. Just got the Gen2, I've had a couple of Gen1's so looking forward to enjoying the 03. Thanks again.

then use drop springs or spindles and modded steering stops up front and shackles in the rear

Just to clarify.

Which could be lies.
In my opinion if you drop any vehicle, it’s not going to ride like right out the factory. It’s going to ride rough.

Plus you'll be called a beaner or a ricer. Been there done that. Lowered a 78 Trans Am way back when. Never heard the end of it. I lowered it for handling, had 10 inch rims in the back, 8 inch front. BF Goodrich Radial TA's, L50 back, G50 front. In California at the time, I was a "Low Rider". Everyone teased me about it. NEVER AGAIN!!!

The "best" depends on what you want to do with the truck.
1) Ground Force offers an affordable kit for street use
2) IMHO the Hotchkis kit is great for Autocross/Road Course
3) Shock selection will influence the overall performance, I prefer adjustable QA1's
4) Don't forget the camber bolts when you get your front end alignment, I prefer 3-4 degrees of negative camber with 1/16" of toe
5) You will need shock extenders on the rear to get a full range of movement

Just to clarify.

Which could be lies.
So say you lower the truck 2/4 with spindles, shackles and hangers. How will that make it ride rough? The front and rear springs will be unmodified

Back