Want to buy Panhard with some other ?'s

Got Incon?

Ruslow, I want to order a panhard bar as well as drop the rear of my Gen2 L to be level with the front. I was going to go with shackles and the get the adjustable end links for the sway bar to bring them back to spec. But is there something else you would recommend?

Also, how long is the lead time on ordering the panhard?

And (last one ;) ) what method do you recomend to control the pinion angle for having fun at the dragstrip?

Thanks

Bryon

In your case the shackles will be fine.Pretty much everything that I sell I make too.Thought about buying from others but at this time I don't.
As for lead time on the bar I need to get some more heims then I will have 5 ready to ship.cost is 245. plus shipping.NLOC members get free shipping.Thanks Stan

Stan, will I need to get an alignment done after dropping the rear 2 inches.

And, will that be enough to put the pinion alignment out of whack?

What would you recomend to keep the pinion angle under control at the drag strip?

Thanks

anytime you change the ride height of the vehicle you change the alignment.If you lower the back you increase your caster and decrease your toe.Same is true if you go and raise the rear only then you go opposite of that on angles.The effect for 99.8% of owners is no change in driving feel.But if you do track driving it will show up on how the truck feels in the turns.
As for pinion angle it will change it but so does putting weight in it ford designed a fair amount of tolerance before you get into a vibration but if you are at either end of that tolerance then you should look into getting that corrected.As far as controlling the angle get a bar system that puts the pivot points as close to the spring pivots as possbile.By doing that you are not twisting the rear axle housing and changing the pinion angle.[keep everything out of a bind]JDM and Rancho seem to be the best in that area.and I can see a benefit on the road courses there to.Stan

Ruslow said:
. . . . As far as controlling the angle get a bar system that puts the pivot points as close to the spring pivots as possbile.By doing that you are not twisting the rear axle housing and changing the pinion angle.[keep everything out of a bind]JDM and Rancho seem to be the best in that area.and I can see a benefit on the road courses there to.Stan

upper_links_assembled.jpg

Any thoughts on these upper link bars versus lower link styles? The upper links match the pivot point of the suspension closely, almost like a 4-link. One vendor claims they don't work at all. I hope this is false--they are sitting in my living room right now!

Thanks,

TLS

Those will work but are more suited to road racing do to the fact that the levelage piont in high into the center of gravity so you don't get the benefit of the weight transfer as much.I would use those more toward road racing than drags and the under ride for the drags,sinceyou would be using the transfer of weight to help lift the ft of the truck.Its had to explain but when you want to more something you try and lift it farther away from were the weight is.And since the weight of the truck is up closer to where the springs are the bar {metco} is pulling and not pushing up on the weight.Stan

Ruslow said:
Those will work but are more suited to road racing do to the fact that the levelage piont in high into the center of gravity so you don't get the benefit of the weight transfer as much.I would use those more toward road racing than drags and the under ride for the drags,sinceyou would be using the transfer of weight to help lift the ft of the truck.Its had to explain but when you want to more something you try and lift it farther away from were the weight is.And since the weight of the truck is up closer to where the springs are the bar {metco} is pulling and not pushing up on the weight.Stan

Although I still don't understand the why's, that's great news. I drag raced last weekend. Pretty boring. I am going to start dragging my Honda Valkyrie and autocrossing the truck, so drag performance is not an issue for the L.

Thanks,

TLS

Back