Vss signal loss issue

Is there any other test that can be done to try and figure out this vss issue. I've tested the wires 3 different times. Change the mlps, the multi function switch. I hooked up my old ecm and turn key on and overdrive cancel light was off so I'm positive the pimp ecm has an issue there.ive try unplugging the abs module and cruise control. Ive seen the psom out to get rebulit. Everything on my truck is checking out fine.I'm running out of time and not sure what to do at this point. I've tried everything stinger has asked me to do even installing jp15 jumper in the 2-3 position. I didn't have these issues until I installed the pimpxshift.

Is it possible for someone with the pimp system to watch they're tran guages in ts and see what it's doing to compare mine with.

Tony, I saw your convo with Wes. Besides the OD light coming on does the original issue still happen?

Yes but the wiring is testing ok and I've test 3 different times with like 4 different methods at the connector at the ecm at the test plug at the psom

I didn't habe these issue with the original ecm using the tweecer. I want to upgrade to something I can learn and navigate easily and that is more modern but this is turning out to be a bust. I got like 3 week or so to try and get this figured out and time is ticking

I installed my original ecm and the overdrive cancel issue went away installed pimp ecm and overdrive cancel issue returned so regardless there's an issue with pimps ecm

I didn't habe these issue with the original ecm using the tweecer. I want to upgrade to something I can learn and navigate easily and that is more modern but this is turning out to be a bust. I got like 3 week or so to try and get this figured out and time is ticking

I installed my original ecm and the overdrive cancel issue went away installed pimp ecm and overdrive cancel issue returned so regardless there's an issue with pimps ecm

Yeah sometimes it just doesn't work out. Sadly the PiMP is the closest plug and play there is. I know Matt Hill has some Holley/Quick4 setups, but pretty sure they don't just plug in to the 60 pin.

If you want to pay for shipping, I can send you a known good unit to test since I have a spare.

What would you like for me to look for in terms of the transmission behavior in TS?

I was wondering if someone could watch the ts speedometer behavior to see what it does when slowing down when it hit zero of it jumps or not.

I ordered another pimpxshift so I would have a different ecm to try but we'll see what happens. If this isn't going to work for me then I'm just going to have to go a different route and send their stuff back to them or something. FMOS I appreciate the gesture and the help.

Last edited:
While I watch the speedo in ts I see it hit zero mph then it will jump to like 30 or 40 mph while I'm stopped and not moving. I'll try and get a video of it doing it

While I watch the speedo in ts I see it hit zero mph then it will jump to like 30 or 40 mph while I'm stopped and not moving. I'll try and get a video of it doing it

The Tuner Studio speedo is simply a visual representation of what the Megasquirt is seeing. So yeah the needle is going to move when you get those spikes. Now if your actual truck speedo jumps that shows it has nothing to with the Megasquirt.

My truck speedo stays at zero during the time of the spike which only happen when I stop. That's the weird thing is the truck is doing what it's supposed to and doesn't move but the tuner studio is where I'm seeing the glitch.

Last edited:
Back