Vortech V3

I see what you mean Jamie. I’m not so certain my belt didn’t stretch and or wasn’t tight enough with the 3.125”. The 3.47” on it now is doing good. I think I’m going to leave it as is for a minute. If I want a little more I may put a 3.33” on it.

Why are you shifting at 5k?

That’s where my truck shifts stock. I still have stock ecu. Where does everyone else shift at? I don’t really feel comfortable shifting manually on the column. I feel like it could easily run past 5k though.

That’s where my truck shifts stock. I still have stock ecu. Where does everyone else shift at? I don’t really feel comfortable shifting manually on the column. I feel like it could easily run past 5k though.

Mine was tuned to shift at 6k... the stock pistons aren't recommended to go past 6k... I had at least 4 dz dyno pulls to 6k and never had an issue.... its all in the tune though....

Mine was still pulling at 6k also..

Mine was tuned to shift at 6k... the stock pistons aren't recommended to go past 6k... I had at least 4 dz dyno pulls to 6k and never had an issue.... its all in the tune though....

Mine was still pulling at 6k also..

Yours was a stock long block Brett?

I see what you mean Jamie. I’m not so certain my belt didn’t stretch and or wasn’t tight enough with the 3.125”. The 3.47” on it now is doing good. I think I’m going to leave it as is for a minute. If I want a little more I may put a 3.33” on it.

The bigger the pulley the less you will need to tighten the belt. That will put less side load on the supercharger shaft and crankshaft which is always a good thing for longevity.

Defiantly need to go to an 8” lower pulley. Then your upper can be bigger which prevents belt slip.

I'm considering getting the Vortech 8" renegade (8-rib) crank pulley. However the accessory drive is only 4.6" which is a lot smaller than stock 6.5". I know you've mentioned putting the Vortech 8" renegade pulley inside the stock 6.5" pulley but I worry about stacking up 2 crank pulleys together on front of the crank snout. I have electric fans, 130amp alt, stock water pump/pulley, stock a/c and factory power steering. I know a different water pump pulley will be necessary to run the 8" crank pulley as well, although I'm not certain yet which one. Has anyone ran the 8"/4.6" Renegade pulley as is and can the truck handle the smaller 4.6" accessory drive or is it too small to keep the power steering, AC, water pump happy?

I'm considering getting the Vortech 8" renegade (8-rib) crank pulley. However the accessory drive is only 4.6" which is a lot smaller than stock 6.5". I know you've mentioned putting the Vortech 8" renegade pulley inside the stock 6.5" pulley but I worry about stacking up 2 crank pulleys together on front of the crank snout. I have electric fans, 130amp alt, stock water pump/pulley, stock a/c and factory power steering. I know a different water pump pulley will be necessary to run the 8" crank pulley as well, although I'm not certain yet which one. Has anyone ran the 8"/4.6" Renegade pulley as is and can the truck handle the smaller 4.6" accessory drive or is it too small to keep the power steering, AC, water pump happy?

I ran that setup for a while with no issues. I did go back with the stock pulley nested with the renegade because I wanted a bit more charge at idle with all the electrical crap I have.

I’m pretty sure Raymond is running it currently. I have one that I plan to use and I changed the w/pump pulley to a 93 cobra pulley to get better clearance. I haven’t done any calculations on belt speed for the accessories though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran that setup for a while with no issues. I did go back with the stock pulley nested with the renegade because I wanted a bit more charge at idle with all the electrical crap I have.

I may try it and see. I use my AC when i have my family with me and worry about the truck staying cool on hot days.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pretty sure Raymond is running it currently. I have one that I plan to use and I changed the w/pump pulley to a 93 cobra pulley to get better clearance. I haven’t done any calculations on belt speed for the accessories though.

Thanks, i thought it was a cobra pulley. Other than the front of the cobra water pump pulley being milled to allow the supercharger belt to clear it, is the diameter the same as our stock pulley?

I found a thread where a few guys run the Foxbody 86-93 stock water pump pulley and it clears no problem. Im gonna try it and see.

I may try it and see. I use my AC when i have my family with me and worry about the truck staying cool on hot days.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, i thought it was a cobra pulley. Other than the front of the cobra water pump pulley being milled to allow the supercharger belt to clear it, is the diameter the same as our stock pulley?

It’s 4”-4.25”ish. I don’t have a stock one handy to compare.

You can ASP racing and they will make you whatever lower pulley combo you want too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I decided to get a new BOV. Seen the Vortech Maxflow race valve at a good price on EBay I couldn’t pass it up.

Attachments

• 3172E584-A273-4FCD-8AA7-2815FFF979E7.jpeg
    3172E584-A273-4FCD-8AA7-2815FFF979E7.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 15
Back