Virginia City Hill Climb

I registered my Super Cab L to run the hill through the Shelby club about 10yrs. ago but after they saw how fast it went on the drive up they said they decided to keep it a car only event. I was told by some friends that belong to the Ferrari club that they thought it would look pretty bad to have there cars beaten by a truck. They used to do a fast drive from Danville to Virginia city where we hit speeds of around 110mph on some back roads and after blowing the doors off of some of them they came running over at the lunch stop to see what the hell I was driving. I see your in SD. I'm down here crewing at the Vintage races. If you can come out give me a call. My cell is
510-917-FORD (3673)

Roy

They really shut it down to trucks cause they didn't want to get beat by one? Wow....:blink: I'll probably check out the ALMS race next month at Laguna Seca. Supercab L eh? Is that a Harley Davidson with a Lightning engine or Supercab F150 with a Lightning engine?

My L is a real 93 Lightning that a company in San Bernardino converted to a Super Cab by taking off the cab and cutting and lengthening the chassis by 22in. and then putting a brand new cab back on. If you look at the pics from L-Fest you will see a Grabber Blue L and thats mine. It was on the L-Fest program, shirt and static cling that was given to entrants. It's also been in numerious Mags. Here's a pic from L-Fest Lightningfest 6 - _G0O2743

Roy

We received an invitation to attend this years event and have registered the truck. Goal is to run under 4:00 minutes!

Back