Upshift issues at track

Sometimes I think a full reverse manual valve body with transbrake would be the way to go. Transbrake at least would be nice for the turbos.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You've seen the Cope transmission guy's stuff right? He needs a high HP tester :)

You've seen the Cope transmission guy's stuff right? He needs a high HP tester :)
Yeah I saw it. Think he was looking for someone kind of local. Plus not sure I want to be a guinea pig quite yet.

To be fair though I have a stage 3 A1 trans as well so I'm sure that helps with getting shifts off quickly.

Yeah I have a 156,000 mile stocker with a Level 10 shift kit… so I’m guessing I’m just a bit behind you on the quickness of my shifts! :D

I’m sure one day I’ll swap to something like his stage 1, but for now I’ll figure out how to make this mushy shifting thing work for me.

Lots of great info in here… just need to spend time with it testing and getting the correct setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the 3.73 gears installed so I could spend a bit of time tuning the shift points with the help of Jeff's spreadsheet and with the first set of changes made an immediate improvement. Commanded 4900rpm shift and saw 5105rpm on the 1-2, and 4985rpm on 2-3. I believe turning on predictive shift had a lot to do with it, but changing the up/down shifts during normal driving seems to have helped some as well... will need more drive time under different loads to fine tune I'm sure, but I like it so far.

And the 3.73 gears was the right move. I feel a bit less worried about sustained highway speeds driving now. Before I had 65mph @ 2400rpm, now it's 70mph at the same rpm. That will make long trips better and I hope to see some MPG improvement as well.

Back