Upper intake vacuum elbow.

Nyatzz508

Hey all, so I had the upper intake off on my 94L to replace the phenolic spacer between the upper and lower manifold when I noticed some vacuum fittings that we're showing a bit of age. When I roved the hoses and the pcv, the t joint broke (which is now fixed) along with the white plastic elbow that goes into the upper manifold. I've tried ford, summit, and all my local parts stores and can't seem to find a match.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement? I've seen diagrams with part numbers, and everyone says it's discontinued. Any help would be extremely appreciated, as the noise is becoming a nuisance with the whining.

Thanks all.
mezu9ety.jpg

I just made one for mine. I bought a 3/8 NPT male to 3/8 NPT male elbow. Then used a 3/8 NPT female barb fitting to clamp the hose on. All of which can be found in the plumbing section of your local hardware store

YES, it is......

All is right in the world again.

I knew you had a better trans dipstick pic than the first one.

Thanks for the replies, I'll head out tomorrow and try my luck with fixing that god awful howl it's making.

And I have to agree, the new dipstick looks much better than the splotchy old one haha.

Hey all, so I had the upper intake off on my 94L to replace the phenolic spacer between the upper and lower manifold when I noticed some vacuum fittings that we're showing a bit of age. When I roved the hoses and the pcv, the t joint broke (which is now fixed) along with the white plastic elbow that goes into the upper manifold. I've tried ford, summit, and all my local parts stores and can't seem to find a match.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement? I've seen diagrams with part numbers, and everyone says it's discontinued. Any help would be extremely appreciated, as the noise is becoming a nuisance with the whining.

Thanks all.
mezu9ety.jpg

That white/translucent elbow is just a regular water plumbing product, probably can find it at Home Depot or Lowes. The factory elbow there is steel like the pic below shows. IIRC, the threaded end is 3/8" MPT and the hose barb end is 3/8" as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Back