Upgrades for #772

I have not explored plug gap much either, I think I am running around 0.028 with the IGN1A's.

That's kinda been my position. After having all kinds of spark issues in the past, I'm happy having something that always works at whatever boost level I've thrown at it. I can't see there being any significant additional power in more gap, but there's a whole lot less when the spark blows out...

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I think the improvements are negligible for what we are doing. (not chasing max effort setups) and as long as they still idle "smooth" the small gap isn't hurting anything. I think it will start to "miss" at idle if you go to small from my research in the past.

I run stock TFI distributor, 20 year old MSD blaster coil for a fox and mid 90s MSD 6T box and 12psi and .028 hasn't given me any fuss. still on the original plugs from when I built the combo 3 years ago. have a fresh set gapped and ready but haven't had a reason to swap them.

That's kinda been my position. After having all kinds of spark issues in the past, I'm happy having something that always works at whatever boost level I've thrown at it. I can't see there being any significant additional power in more gap, but there's a whole lot less when the spark blows out...

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

That’s where I was and want be again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the improvements are negligible for what we are doing. (not chasing max effort setups) and as long as they still idle "smooth" the small gap isn't hurting anything. I think it will start to "miss" at idle if you go to small from my research in the past.

I run stock TFI distributor, 20 year old MSD blaster coil for a fox and mid 90s MSD 6T box and 12psi and .028 hasn't given me any fuss. still on the original plugs from when I built the combo 3 years ago. have a fresh set gapped and ready but haven't had a reason to swap them.

Sounds great! The fact that a TFI coil lasted that long for you makes me sick..lol. My last one lasted about a year and 500 miles! Got another one ready to put on but based on loose research I’ve done, not sure it’s any better than stock.

Regapped the plugs to .020 and rebuilt a couple of fuel lines to fix the fuel leaks. Didn’t like the way the surge tank fuel pump was about to rub on the bottom of the cab so did some refab work and got it to fit better. Ready to run now but pulled the exhaust apart waiting on the tail pipes to come in. Should be here today so will get started on it this weekend. Bought an x-pipe that surprisingly fit right in place before the mufflers. Off to a good start!

Looking for a set of 3” to 3.5” slash tips. Anybody have a link to anything? I can’t find any..

1097ae49de0e6c3d798b5e4ea1a5dd0b.jpg

Sounds great! The fact that a TFI coil lasted that long for you makes me sick..lol. My last one lasted about a year and 500 miles! Got another one ready to put on but based on loose research I’ve done, not sure it’s any better than stock.

i think it is because the new stuff is china garbage and 20 year old stuff is a little better quality. id be very hesitant to replace it with something "brand new"

Got everything buttoned up over the weekend. Added an x pipe and bought a over the axle mandrel bent kit off of eBay. Worked ok, but luckily I had other piping to make it work better. Still in trial mode so have a lot of clamps that will be removed and pipes welded. Used some of the exhaust wrap that Jeff gave me a while back to protect the brake lines and wiring on the driver side. Still a little loud but not nearly as bad as it was out the side.

0948a487856bbaf4872b160258b32afc.jpg

56c5677d3cf471fbc951c2fa4aca44cc.jpg

e4d7dd26d5f3120c61383d8bff9d211a.jpg

699050b1fb00a0aa829268bae5edd394.jpg

Trucks been down for a few months having the trans built. Had it completely built with all billet parts, rollerized, upgraded everything. Turns out the damage was minimal so not a lot of metal in the fluid or pan so that was a great thing! Went ahead and built a new exhaust set up with Jones full boar 2 chamber mufflers as the Borlas were too loud. Re- painted and wrapped the headers and plan to stick with the V3 for a while longer. Cranked her up for the first time Monday evening and filled her up with plenty of fluid. Also installed a MSD 6AL that I sent back to MSD and had them go through and fix. Hopefully it will last. Took her on the road Wednesday night and put about 30 miles on the old girl. She’s running great! Shifts are good but not too firm. Was being easy on her to break the trans in. I’ll start getting on it progressively until I reach WOT. But for now just taking my time and making sure everything’s like it’s supposed to be. Will be welding in an H pipe this weekend and found some more seat time.

c911b69a78f24e77786ab2425aa026ed.jpg

3ac1487585ea1056fd96d00e148678a0.jpg

75df44cf722646e92d7e18529e12c837.jpg

5983775b12dc919f89347873407fecf7.jpg

35ae98b4c2d69d2fdf42a058771ab547.jpg

Nice! Did you have Chris G do the trans?

Thanks and no, I sourced and bought all the parts and paid the labor to have it built buy a local professional. I saved about $1600 doing it that way. Its built to be equivalent to the A1 stage 3.

Loved the Jones Full Boar but too loud and the drone with the dumps was too much for me. Ended up going back to the Walker Quiet FlowSS. Man they sound great inside the truck at the sacrifice of flow and power(I hate giving up power-BTW). No drone and really pretty quiet. Outside is a different story. I think I’m on my 7th exhaust set up now. Absolutely love the sound, just wish it had the flow…

347457d2e4139659b5d2d985d92bd139.jpg

77b097c0761306933a075dd4851157f7.jpg

Back