Upgrades for #772

If you check my thread you will see the magnaflos I used. They are 3" stainless. The one on the passenger side, a 3 inch offset is 5x9x14 inch long 12229. The drivers side is a straight in and out part 12219. I had to use the 3 inch offset because the passenger side is 3 inches closer to the frame. They do make a 5x9x18 inch muffler that would be even quieter.

Thanks Glen! I remember seeing your set up and liked it. I like the way these Borlas fit to allow the option for the front tank if I want to re install it. Just waaay to loud out the side. I’m really hoping that going over the axle and out behind the back tires somewhere will take care of it. If not, I’ll be selling them and changing it up to some kind of magnaflow set up. Whether is be 2-3” mufflers or 1-4”(if offered)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the belt slip taken care of with a gates fleetrunner and tightened down a little more. Highest I’ve seen so far is 14.5 psi of boost but now blowing out the spark and was showing 120% duty cycle with the 60lb injectors.

I bought some really nice used 80lb Siemen Deka’s and installed them. Had to adjust the tune a little bit after all the setting changes for the 80’s. Now at 95%duty cycle which is just about topped out..lol.

837edacf1f3ffc8aaaff974204c3ef4d.jpg

With spark plug gap set at .028, I hadn’t yet needed or installed a MSD box because my 6AL wasn’t working and I pulled it off before this build. So thinking it’s time for more spark, I sent it to MSD to fix it which it will cost around $50 including shipping back to me. Not too bad.

While I’m waiting on the 6AL to return I’ve got to fix a couple of fuel leaks that popped up and I’ll probably go ahead and pull the transmission for a rebuild that it’s been needing for a while.

Once I get the transmission back in, I will drive it a little and get the tune right before starting on an intercooler project. Didn’t think I would be making this much boost this easy(8” crank and 3.47 SC pulley). This V3si is a beast! With intake air temps of 200° on a good pull in second gear, I think it’s time. Theres no telling how high the IAT’s would be on a 1/4 mile pass. I’m unable to shift to 3rd at full throttle due to the tranny slipping and not wanting to tow it home with all this new found power it has..

Spark is all coil beyond about 3500-4000 RPMs. I run a .020 gap at 12 psi.

Did you convert to sequential or still batch-fire?

Spark is all coil beyond about 3500-4000 RPMs. I run a .020 gap at 12 psi.

Did you convert to sequential or still batch-fire?

It’s starting to break up around 5200 so it maybe the gap as well. I’ll lower it to .020 and see what it does. I have 2 MSD TFI coils laying around but I’ve had them fail before so went back with factory.

Still batch fire.

It’s starting to break up around 5200 so it maybe the gap as well. I’ll lower it to .020 and see what it does. I have 2 MSD TFI coils laying around but I’ve had them fail before so went back with factory.

Still batch fire.

What's your A/F when it breaks up?

A lot of duty cycle is taken up by all the extra injector opening/closing events with the batch fire. With your power level, it may be time to consider changing to sequential.

Interesting. Hmm, more things to change..lol. If we ever get E85 around here, I'll have to upgrade injectors again to run it. probably to 1300's. Sounds like I will need to look into sequential at that time.

Are you running sequential yet? I think you told me before but can't remember but what size inj are you running?

Red truck is sequential; has been for a while. I used a junkyard Mustang injector harness and wired it into the square engine connector in the spots I took the smog-related leads out of. I'm running 1000cc (95 lb) injectors. I see 60% duty cycle just before it shifts at 5500 rpms, 16 lbs of boost.

Red truck is sequential; has been for a while. I used a junkyard Mustang injector harness and wired it into the square engine connector in the spots I took the smog-related leads out of. I'm running 1000cc (95 lb) injectors. I see 60% duty cycle just before it shifts at 5500 rpms, 16 lbs of boost.

Gottya! I’ll have to see about collecting the harness to have when ready.

Any where between 12.0 to 11.5. Depending on boost level

Be careful on pump gas. I was non intercooled with my Novi couple years ago running 20+ psi with no intercooler.. iat's like 230 degrees and I lifted a head. And that was with E85. I would say you are on the edge on pump gas. Also for plug gap with TFI I had to gap down to .016 to keep it from blowing out the spark. That was with a 6A style box and good ignition components. Glad I went CNP lol.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input and info man Derrick! I will change the gap to 020 to start and go from there. Good to know that 016 works if needed though. I’m watching the IAT’s closely and with that knowledge, know that an intercooler set up is in the not to distant future.

Thanks for the input and info man Derrick! I will change the gap to 020 to start and go from there. Good to know that 016 works if needed though. I’m watching the IAT’s closely and with that knowledge, know that an intercooler set up is in the not to distant future.

Definitely more tuning window with a good intercooler.

What are you able to gap them at with the COP set up?

I haven't really tried to open up the gap too much. Think I still have them at .020. my thought process is at max boost/power as long as it's lighting off it doesn't matter. The bigger gap may help with fuel efficiency or something but I doubt it makes any negligible difference under full load. Even if it did add 5 hp then I can just add a 1/4 lb of boost haha.

I haven't really tried to open up the gap too much. Think I still have them at .020. my thought process is at max boost/power as long as it's lighting off it doesn't matter. The bigger gap may help with fuel efficiency or something but I doubt it makes any negligible difference under full load. Even if it did add 5 hp then I can just add a 1/4 lb of boost haha.

Lol ok..

Back