Update on ShockTherapy's 32V TT

svtbarry

YouTube - Barry's TT Motor.MP4

Hi Guys. I’ve kinda revived a pretty old thread here but I just wanted to say hello and update the story of ShockTherapy’s incredible 32V TT project …. I am now the proud owner of this vehicle ( I bought it from Falstaff ) and just wanted to let everyone know that it is in very good hands indeed. I love this truck and every time I drive it - it’s my DD :eek:ldtu: - I am in awe of how much R&R has gone into this truck. It is easily the most exciting vehicle I have ever owned. It is an absolute beast on the open road if you want it to be, but it is also perfectly mannered in traffic. Never over heats, smooth idle and starts first time every time. Love it!
It still looks like new, has less than 32K on it, and apart from some additional improvements looks much the same as when Shock owned it. My best so far has been 11.4 @ 123 on 15.7 lbs but that’s with a dreadful 2.0 60ft. I am currently installing a Zex 75 shot on a window switch for just the initial 1-2 seconds; that and some 30 inch Cheater slicks should help things. Just wanted to update anyone that’s interested. Cheers!

http://www.f150online.com/forums/lig...ommentary.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah, it's great fun to drive. Blistering performance and still a practicle vehicle. Use it every day for work - and I'm never late :D

Sweet dude! I just read through that thread the other day, im trying to figure out how to squeeze that same motor in my 90 Fox. haha. TT lightnings are a ton of fun, that truck is the sole reason for me going with twins on my lightning. You just need a higher stall, and use the E-brake at the start line to hold you there. youll be able to cut a much better 60ft time. I did 1.66 with my TT setup, a 4k stall, and the ebrake and some hoosier 28s. Good luck!! enjoy the sh!t outta that truck!

Thanks for the advise. Yeah, launching these TTs is a whole new ball game isn't it. More rubber out back definately (30"? whatcha fink?) but my E-brake is no more and I have to stick with my 3200 stall for DD practicalities (is that a word?). My 'mini' shot of No2 should help things but other than that it's practise, practise, practise. Not really too much worried about all this though 'cos it's sooooo much fun on the open road.

i remember like it was yesterday talking to him in the chatroom here on a sunday night and floating him that idea. he went out and bought a navi motor on ebay later that night, lol. damn i loved that truck

Well that was certainly great advise you gave shock there. I think this truck was the first ever 32V TT. The Navi motor is great to work on too. Plug changes in around twenty minutes etc. If ever I build a S/C motor it would have to be with the Navi motor installed. Anyway, nice to know there are still people out there who remember this fantastic build project. It's in great hands :grin1:

When we where talking Barry, I didn't realize it was Shock's old truck you have. Good luck with it and hope you get launching it dialed in:eek:ldtu:

Never heard back from you so I assume the buyer came thru for you:D

has anyone heard from shock? i havent in a few years on the boards. i wonder how he is doing

When we where talking Barry, I didn't realize it was Shock's old truck you have. Good luck with it and hope you get launching it dialed in:eek:ldtu:

Never heard back from you so I assume the buyer came thru for you:D

No, just another joy rider who had no idea of what these trucks are all about. I became so sick of all these idiots that I eventually let it go for $10,000 - what a steal eh? Miss that truck a lot. It was perfect and had everything on it that you could wish for! I thought I had texted you actually, sorry if I didn't, I got so confused with all the various people asking about the sale. Good luck, Cya.

Back