Unique Body Parts 2004

smokum

It was my perfect truck, and some kid texting wiped out the front of my truck.

The insurance company wants to use F150 junkyard parts and claims that the front of the Lightning had no unique parts. He further informed me that the lightning was just a "badge" option. But they DID charge me a premium for my "badges"

So my question is, what body parts were unique to the Lightning front? I know the apron was for sure but can not verify anything else. The Crash Guides do not list the Lightning.

FYI- 15 minutes is all it takes to save you money, and one minute to figure out how they can do it.

Can't figure out why not new parts? Your insurance guy needs to be educated on Lightnings.
Is he real short with a green tail?

All the main body parts are the same short of the front bumper, grilles, and side skirts. but hard parts are the same as a normal f-150.

The apron and inner fender stuff is the same as a normal truck. be cautious using used (lkq) structure though. Fords repair proceduers states specifically not to use them. I can provide you the info if your adjuster balks that problem.

By your joke sounds like you have Geico? what state do you live in?

Biggest tip. choose a quality body shop one with a lifetime warranty. and inform them up front of your expectations with the vehicle. They should work the incadentals with the insurance and parts quality if things are not up to par. your insurance is responsible to place your vehicle in pre accident condition as close as humanly possible. Let them you know you expect nothing less. The insurance is not responsible to better your vehicle, so their theroy is you esentially have used parts on your vehicle now, that is what you deserve to get them replaced with. If your parts were in very good shape that is what the used ones need to be in.
Tell the adjuster lol on finding good condition lightning specific parts... they are getting hard to come by.

Last edited:
Well I know in Texas it is the OWNER who gets to decide what parts OEM AFTERMARKET NEW USED etc that they used. The can TRY to get you to use what they want but the OWNER has the final say and they are required to gp with it and pay for it.

Avoid MAYHEM :thumbup:

In most states with most common insurance policys, the majority of insurance company's will used used parts to an extent, with many others requesting other alternative parts like aftermarket suspension, exterior sheet metal bumpers etc. all have exceptions though. allstate here in CA the customer can request all oem parts at no additional charge. many company's have whats called an OEM endorsement that can be added to your policy. But everything is in the fine print you signed when you agreed to the policy. if the insurance company paying for the repairs belongs to the other party and you are a claiment aginst them you have a bit more leverage.

I have 12 years exerience in the collision repair industry and am more than happy to answer any question i can and help you out.

And your truck will fall under 2004 heritage F150. They may only show Lightnings up to 2003 model year. Headlights, corner lights, bumper cover, 4 brackets for bumper cover, 3 rubbers for under bumper cover, grills, badges, body kit parts if damaged, foglights and foglight brackets.

the fenders are unique to the L as well. There's mounting clip holes for the ground effects on the bottom portion of the fender. if you get regular f150 fenders, you're going to have to drill holes to mount the ground effects back up.

the fenders are unique to the L as well. There's mounting clip holes for the ground effects on the bottom portion of the fender. if you get regular f150 fenders, you're going to have to drill holes to mount the ground effects back up.

That is new news to me. to my knowledge there are only 2 fenders available for the f150 with or without wheel opening molding. lightnings use without and all have the holes already weather they are used or not.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. The adjuster for the OTHER company, NYCM, (the guy that hit me) is now taking care of me because the fault was 100% other driver. He understood what a Lightning was, and researched the parts needed.

I have told my insurance company (15 minutes) I do not need them to get involved. I will tell you after this accident, I am going to look to change carriers. This time I will save money by choosing the right company, and I just may have run into a good company...

The fiberglass rear 1/4s are different also. Non lightning have a lip and no holes in place for rear skirts

Bumper cover, support, brackets, etc. look on late model restoration (or print out what parts they sell for your insurance) they have most of the brackets and stuff from the front clip. I was considering buying a local wrecked truck so that place had most of the parts

And your truck will fall under 2004 heritage F150. They may only show Lightnings up to 2003 model year. Headlights, corner lights, bumper cover, 4 brackets for bumper cover, 3 rubbers for under bumper cover, grills, badges, body kit parts if damaged, foglights and foglight brackets.

The vin# shows it is a Ford SVT Lightning.

Back