Turbo Opinions

I am. What i've found out from research and talking to some people is that the spark table below 84-100 kpa is almost the same as a n/ a combo. I've been playing with my timing and now have the truck at a place where it is really coming alive quickly. I am using my 2step and now Incan get the truck to come up to 28-3000 very quickly.

I am. What i've found out from research and talking to some people is that the spark table below 84-100 kpa is almost the same as a n/ a combo. I've been playing with my timing and now have the truck at a place where it is really coming alive quickly. I am using my 2step and now Incan get the truck to come up to 28-3000 very quickly.

Coming out of the hole with race gas, I wouldn't hesitate going with 30 degrees, but as soon as it is making 4-5 psi, you better be dialing it back. The secret is in the convertor too. A 3000 stall will cure the sixty foot problems and you will be able to load that convertor up in boost before the launch.

I have timing pulled way back from 100 kpa on up. Basically as soon as I see boost. I know my 60' will definitely come down when I install the new circle d 3200. I have a max timing of only 15* degrees from about 7 psi on up. I keep adding the timing down low and the truck seem to like it. Driveability and transition into boost is getting better and better. Big thanks to Ed also. He has been helping me working out a couple gremlins.

Sweet. How is the scene down there?

It's so so it all depends where you go.I'd be st racing every night if I could lol!

Matt I ran my turbonetics 7868 for a while without any problems. My truck has a 3 to 3.5 downpipe. It pulled pretty good on the street. I have recently switched to a 7675 magnum performance turbo. I might be the Daytona area today, if want to check the truck out give me a shout

Man I wished I saw this earlier but I've been working all day and probably half the night. Things are greeting a bit crazy due to a pending strike.

I have timing pulled way back from 100 kpa on up. Basically as soon as I see boost. I know my 60' will definitely come down when I install the new circle d 3200. I have a max timing of only 15* degrees from about 7 psi on up. I keep adding the timing down low and the truck seem to like it. Driveability and transition into boost is getting better and better. Big thanks to Ed also. He has been helping me working out a couple gremlins.

Gregg,just as an FYI,might save ya some time. I'm running 23 degrees at 105kpa,dropping to 20 at 140kpa and stays at 20 up to 210kpa.

Sounds like he is running 92 unleaded Brian and is being very careful.

Pump gas only in mine also,7.5 lbs. I figure I won't go for higher boost until I add water/meth.

Update: Running 12psi,18* timing on 93 pump. No water/meth...yet.

Last edited:
Back