turbo noise.

Ford Truck Man

what/how makes the most blow off valve noise. I noticed at the track the srt4's really make cool noises especially shifting. What parts do I need to create sounds close to that?

i know it sounds superficial but what is the fun in the turbo if it doesn't sound like a air compressor de pressurizing.

how about dis one?

217.jpg

"
Blow Off Valve Type H-RFL (BOV-RFL) US$189.00
With new and improved styling, the BOV-H-RFL remains true to it's roots - it's still really f'n loud! Like all our valves, the RFL relieves compressor pressure surge caused by changing gears or backing off the throttle and has been used on turbo charged engines running upto 35 psi boost. If you need to ask how loud it is, this valve is too loud for you! Blow Off Valve Type H-RFL comes standard with both a mild steel and aluminum weld-on adapters. Bolt-on kits are available for most OEM turbocharged applications.
"

Why do you want a loud one? It probably wont even open up unless you really get on it. Waste your money on something else.

no4njnk said:
Why do you want a loud one? It probably wont even open up unless you really get on it. Waste your money on something else.

You are right on that point. I can only really hear under full boost. Anything less and all you hear is a rush off air dumping out, not very cool sounding. The TIAL I have sounds good, and not really obnoxious sounding like the RFL. The HKS SSQ is also a good sounding one. But like he said waste that kinda money somewhere else, like something that will make it run better or stronger.

Back