Tuning questions...

thulsadoom

Sr. JJ,

I have some questions about tuning. I have been thinking about getting a chip recently. I am not a fan of these tuner gizmos, as I was heavy on the boards before 2004. I went off to Iraq and since the L has fallen to neglect, plus I really haven't kept up on all the new toys for L's. Now, it is time for the L to rise from the ashes like a phoenix.
Anywho, what all can these tuning gizmos do for my truck? I currently have a FTVB, oil separator, a fluidyne HE, and a gearvendors over/underdrive. I am planing on buying a panhard rod, e-fan, Navigator pump, RU Slow pullies, and perhaps a catback. Chances are this truck will never see track time. I want a nice street tune, and would also like a tune geared to maximum fuel efficiency. Maybe something that can use 87 octane? :help: Thank you for your time.

DOOM

Sr. JJ,

I have some questions about tuning. I have been thinking about getting a chip recently. I am not a fan of these tuner gizmos, as I was heavy on the boards before 2004. I went off to Iraq and since the L has fallen to neglect, plus I really haven't kept up on all the new toys for L's. Now, it is time for the L to rise from the ashes like a phoenix.
Anywho, what all can these tuning gizmos do for my truck? I currently have a FTVB, oil separator, a fluidyne HE, and a gearvendors over/underdrive. I am planing on buying a panhard rod, e-fan, Navigator pump, RU Slow pullies, and perhaps a catback. Chances are this truck will never see track time. I want a nice street tune, and would also like a tune geared to maximum fuel efficiency. Maybe something that can use 87 octane? :help: Thank you for your time.

DOOM

Sorry for the delayed response.

These tuning modules allow you to do more and work better for email tuning. They are very simple to use and work great. You can check and clear codes and datalog important information.

They are also very helpful when it comes to long distance tuning.

Give me a call when you get some freetime and we will talk about your tuning needs.

Thanks. :bigtu:

JJ@WMS

Thank you, sir, for the reply. Performance is always a good thing, but I am interested in fuel economy. Will tuning help me with this, or just to go faster and waste more gas. Don't get me wrong. I DO want to go faster, however, with the 20 mile trip to work, I would like to try and save as much on gas as possible. I'll probably give you a call later this week, or beginning of next week. Thank you.

DOOM

Back