Tuning File for World's Fastest EEC4 (ICY1)

sstock

A few years ago, a bunch of us Gen 1 guys were really enjoying the track. We were having a blast competing with each other from all parts of this nation. Most of the fast street trucks were running superchargers back then, probably the same now too. This particular truck in this thread, belonged to Dennis Macho from New Jersey. He had a Red 95. Hopefully he will chime in but if memory serves me right he had an unaltered stock R code engine, running a non-intercooled SQ trim vortech supercharger. Stock EEC with ICY1 catch code and a TwEECer tuning module.
In 2006 he ran this: 1.459 60',10.774@119.23MPH
Here is a pic of his truck:
IMG_2900.jpg

Maybe he will chime in and add to this.
I will be posting up his tune that I burned for him when he ran this number. This first post will include the scaler values, then next post will show the functions and finally the tables. I have included a stock tune in the screen shot so you can see those values as well. All items in yellow are the changes that I made in his tune. Hope you have fun reading it all.
10_77_scaler1.JPG

Dennis_10_77scaler2.JPG

Dennis_10_77_scaler4.JPG

Dennis_10_77_scaler3.JPG

Last edited:
Can't say for sure but I think he will clarify his exact combo, he might of had a 50 shot of Nitrous too, cant remember. I do know he had some 60lb seimens injectors. I remember Rich Penno sending me his and I spent like a week playing with them in my truck. I data logged so many injectors in my truck. 19,24,30,36,42,47.7, 50, and 60s. The thirties were a sweet injector and drove completely stock like. The 60s actually dialed in better than the 42s. Didn't like the 36s at all, those surged really bad and although got them improved with some tweeks they were not all that good.

this is huff. Yes I had AFR185 HEADS a 5.0 cam. 1.72 steeds rockers. Pistons on down were stock with 122k Pi 2600 stall ,detroit locker miles on them.the 10..77 was backed with a 10.78, valve springs were out of the box that came when I bought the heads. I did go 11.20 with a completely stock motor with a 110 shot of dry spray Plus the s trim.

- - - Updated - - -

PS::: I RAN THE STOCK THROTTLE BODY ALSO THE WHOLE TIME

PSSSS: No nitrous on the 10.77 and 10.78 pass.. the bottle was out of the truck.the first time I tried to spray it with AFR HEADS. IT melted a spark plug and the top of #5 piston. I sprayed the cap out of it with the stock GT40'S

- - - Updated - - -

PSSßSSSSSSSS::: RAN A 11.01 WITH 30LD INJECTORS

When I get all the changes posted up, we can talk about what was done and why. I occasionally get some questions on this, even though it has been years since I was doing a lot of this on Gen1s. Since buying Big D's truck, it is growing back on me. Thinking about welding me a wideband O2 bung on the down pipe and starting to do some data logging in prep for??? I may be snake bit again, I'm really loving these Gen1 trucks again. It is kind of weird how the difference between the 1's and 2's, they have completely different personalities, kind of like having two girlfriends one brunette the other blond.

Dennis, did that truck ever go 10's on a different day? I know you ran back to back 10's the same day. Just didn't know if it ran it again on a different day before you hurt the motor.

Steve, did you leave the base spark table alone and only make adjustments on the Spark Adder for WOT? What did the curve for total timing look like? Also looks like that A/F ratio would have been pretty lean. And why set shift point at 5000? Was it shifting several hundred rpm later?

Back