tuners in OKC area

D.Whit

Hello,
This is my first post with a question, after lurking here for a while, trying to just read and learn all I can from previous posts. I bought a 95 L that is all stock but very lazy off the line. This is my first L and I am looking for a good speed density tuner in the OKC area that can wake this thing up. Thanks in advance for any help or references.

What do you mean by lazy off the line? It should have enough power to spin the tires easily from a stop. If it doesn't you have something wrong with it that needs to be addressed before you spend money modding it. Check all the tuneup items first and make sure it has the equipment it is supposed to and that it's working correctly. A tune won't be any good to you if someone swapped in a rear end with 2.73 gears or the trans is starting in 2nd gear.

Will not spin the tires from a dead stop. Just got through changing plugs but have not driven it yet. It had old, crusty looking split fire plugs in it that were gapped out past .0100, so that was probably a lot of it. Replaced with correct Motorcraft AWSF 32C copper core gapped at .042. Need to check cap and rotor next. Rearend looks like it's never been apart. Correct housing and has tag on back with 4L10 which should be correct for original. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot better with just the plug change. We'll see. Thanks for the quick reply oilwell.

If the plugs were that bad it's almost guaranteed that it needs a fuel filter as well. People think about plugs and never think about the fuel filter. I think the fuel filter is probably the most neglected maintenance item on a vehicle.

I'm up here in Edmond. Need to get the OKC guys to meet up one of these days. Not many nice ones left. Gonna be in Guthrie next couple of days, was suppose to go to kansas but plans changed. Guy up there I've chatted on here with but have never met, so need to have a meet up. And I'm not talkn cars and coffee like LR guys. Maybe gen1&2 and mustangs or something. More fox stangs and up to 03' than newer. Just more our generation.

There is a guy in OK but is on Hennessy OK, he tuned my GEN 2 & also my converted to E-85 03 Cobra Terminator, but he pretty much deal witn SCT, your pick up can be tune via chip and at least make a couple of tunes, I Have a 1993 GEn 1 and was speed density tuned using the Tweecer and I converted to a MAF with a kit that I put together and still using the same Tweecer. MY pick even with out the tweecer was able to make burn outs!!!!!! check your timing and don't forget to remove the spout by the distribuitor when adjusting timing, initial must be 10* but you can increase it a little more, when tuned via chip timing needs to go back to 10* and let chip play the game.

Thanks for the replies and info. A new fuel filter is definitely on the list. I just forgot to pick one up when I picked up all the other stuff. After I get all the major tune up items taken care of, I would still like to get a pro tune so I can wring all the power I can from the stock setup. The old man that I bought it from had it 2-3 yrs. and never done anything to it but drive it, so I need to check out pretty much everything. I think that would be a great idea to have a meet sometime and compare ideas. I will keep the chip deal in mind. Might want to get the guys name in Hennessey later. Thanks again all.

SVT Zorro does the guy in Hennessy tune Gen1 using tweecer? I'm about to get mine back together and running, no doubt it's going to need a tune!

I am in Edmond as well I use Able racing for the tuning, and as to launch problems which it sounds like you have, yes 1st gens are lazy with wheel hop issues at the TRACK on a sticky surface, I still have fuel issues but a set of Caltracks and my wheel hop is gone! On the street yes you should spin like crazy.

Just joined the club a couple of days ago. I have a gen 1 94 lightning and live in okc. I know you said ur not down withcoffee and cars but its tomorrow and im gonna check it out.

we will be at coffee and cars .. come find us for sure.. we will also meet at Rudys on memorial at 11:00 for lunch..

Back