True Street Truck Class Rules

Send me a PM with a list of mods to the truck and it will be considered. We put this in because people can put cars on the road that would not other wise be able to be on the road if it were not for putting dealer tags on them. Want to keep it fair for everyone, who can not put D-tags on.

Note: we will take it into consideration, this does not mean you will or will not be able to race, only that you have made a point that is going to be considerated based on your situation.

Thanks

LGHTSPD said:
Well since Johnny is the sponsor, it really is up to him. But I would think he would even be up for a rule change on this one. I do understand the fact we want this to be the largest class( with the 30 mile drive around town) So that's why I suggested some kind of prize for the fastest real street truck along with the rules Shawn has in place. It's just going to add more trucks to this class in my opinion.

Ray

So any word on this? Are we going to be able to find out who has the Badest Street Lightning in all the Land this year at L-Fest 2005?:D

Fastest True Street Truck!

After due consideration we will add the following::idea:

"Fastest True Street Truck" (this could be a HD truck):hail:

This will be a trophy (1) only unless someone can get a sponsor for a payout.:help:

We will leave the current rules for the class in place, and have 3 trophies/payouts as scheduled. We will add this additional trophy which will give someone max bragging rights!;B :devious: :dw: :eek:

RhinoRacing said:
Ok guys here is the deal

FINAL STANDINGS PROCEDURE
After the passes are completed, the elapsed times will be added up and divided by the number of rounds of competition and an average ET for each competitor will be computed.
Each competitor will then make a single pass (against the clock), and the truck whose final pass is closest to the average time of that trucks qualifying passes, is the winner. The second closest time is the second place winner and the third closest time is the third place winner.

And Marcus

TIRES & WHEELS
DOT approved and marked tires, front and rear, required during the road cruise and drag strip runs. Tires may not be changed after road cruise. Tire size is limited to whatever tire fits into the fender opening. Tire tread may not have less than 1/8" depth tread pattern and may not protrude outside of rear fender area more than one (1) inch. Metal, screw-in valve stems mandatory on all cars running 11.99 or quicker and using tubeless tires.

The rules list what you are required to do or what you have to have or what you can't do or have. IF IT IS NOT DEFINED IN THE RULES IT IS FAR GAME.

So if your only running for the Fastest True Street Lightning trophy, you only have to make 3 passes, right? There would be no need to run a 4th single pass (against the clock).

BigD said:
Yes, but why not make four runs?:?

One word "HEAT". My motor dosen't like it very much. After a 30-45 min. cruise, staging lines and three passes, I don't think she is going to be too happy. The last time she got unhappy w/ me it cost me mucho $$$. So the less runs the better.

So is that yes to my 1st question or 2nd?:?

Terry you need to show up for the 4th pass, what you do on that 4th pass is up to you. But you should try to make 4 or more passes. This is why we call it a True Street Class sounds like you need to jump in with the big boys.

RhinoRacing said:
Terry you need to show up for the 4th pass, what you do on that 4th pass is up to you. But you should try to make 4 or more passes. This is why we call it a True Street Class sounds like you need to jump in with the big boys.

I can make 4,5,6 passes w/ the a/c on if the $$ is right. :D But there is no $$$. So not unless you want to add some cash to the pot or run me head to head (4th pass)for some $$$. I think I'll keep the passes to a min. If you don't mine.:D My truck is the truest of all TRUE STREET LIGHTNINGS. You better ask somebody:stirpot:

You do what you want to do. But I can tell you this Jeff Sparkman ran his truck last year did the 30 mile cruise and still made the rounds. To me and most other people a TRUE street truck can last alot longer then one 30mile cruise and 3 passes without breaking. So maybe you better ask somebody!:rolleyes:

There's a guy here with AC, cruise, stock suspension, real daily driver that runs 10.50s. I've been trying to talk him into coming.

Mine's not "street" since I don't have a radio or air conditioner, I guess.

RhinoRacing said:
You do what you want to do. But I can tell you this Jeff Sparkman ran his truck last year did the 30 mile cruise and still made the rounds. To me and most other people a TRUE street truck can last alot longer then one 30mile cruise and 3 passes without breaking. So maybe you better ask somebody!:rolleyes:

Maybe you should talk to Jeff and ask him what happen to his truck on that 3rd pass.:rolleyes: No worries, just wanted to know how it was going to be ran this year. I'll be in my Gen 2 this time around running against the clock.:tug:

Jeff, your truck is "street" enough for me. If you can keep that BIG BLOCK cool, it's all yours.:hail:

Hopefully she'll make a few passes without breaking and I won't be tempted to do something stupid like wreck a goped. ;)

Sounds to me like a bunch of trailer queens are trying to come make a couple of passes in a street class just so they can claim to be fast. I heard of a couple of trucks that are street driven regularly that should be able to run consistent low11's for more than 1 or 2 passes. Even if this class had been a real heads up class last year, it couldn't have been won by a truck that was going to break. If you can't make one pass out of the three, your not gonna win. One or two fast passes won't cut it. That's why it is TRUE STREET.

Back