True Street Truck Class Rules

That is correct the track was not set-up to be able to do what we were asking.

But this year it will be ran as it was intended.

But Jeff that truck would be more intimidating if it was white.....;)

NOTE:

It is the one who runs closest to his average wins....not fastest, no breakout....just the truck/driver against their qual average time.

Look at the rules for True Street, in WFC or FFW and remove the classes.....we all run in one class. It does not matter if the truck is 8 sec or 20 sec....just run the qual average and win!

If the track has a problem this year with timing, we will do it manually, but it will be run as described in the rules and as further explained in this thread! It WILL NOT be a bracket race!:idea:

...Dwight...

What happens in the FFW True Street is that the fastest overall average time is the class winner (wiener?) and then there's another ET winner for each 1 second interval, so whoever runs closest to 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0 etc...

It really doesn't have anything to do with having the least variation in the three times in the FFW or NMRA classes...

That would mean having many classes and winners. We will only have 3 winners again. 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

That being said, I guess I will bow out and leave it up to the Race Director as to how we determine the winners.:?

You know me, I'm all for whatever is decided. :tu: I'm just happy to be racing!

So what say you, Shawn? Can you clarify the competition rules for us?

So the tires cant stick out past bed.Can we run a tubbed truck?Or is it a stock frame rail type thing.What about a front half truck etc...Thanks guys.
Yea Ill just be happy to make it and hope to be racing this time.

Ok guys here is the deal

FINAL STANDINGS PROCEDURE
After the passes are completed, the elapsed times will be added up and divided by the number of rounds of competition and an average ET for each competitor will be computed.
Each competitor will then make a single pass (against the clock), and the truck whose final pass is closest to the average time of that trucks qualifying passes, is the winner. The second closest time is the second place winner and the third closest time is the third place winner.

And Marcus

TIRES & WHEELS
DOT approved and marked tires, front and rear, required during the road cruise and drag strip runs. Tires may not be changed after road cruise. Tire size is limited to whatever tire fits into the fender opening. Tire tread may not have less than 1/8" depth tread pattern and may not protrude outside of rear fender area more than one (1) inch. Metal, screw-in valve stems mandatory on all cars running 11.99 or quicker and using tubeless tires.

The rules list what you are required to do or what you have to have or what you can't do or have. IF IT IS NOT DEFINED IN THE RULES IT IS FAR GAME.

I want 31X16.5 ET streets to fit somehow hehe.So by reading the rules I can cut the inner fenders out mini tub.

Hey Shawn, not to be a pain in the Azz! But why not have 2 first place winners, One for fastest over all average (minimum 3 passes), and then 1st and 2nd place winners for the rules you have setup. I think with this setup you may get some guys that don't fit well in the Pro class that have something to prove.

Just my opinion, so go easy on me,
Ray

Not that my truck would even fit in this class with my winter upgrades, but I beleive it would make for a pretty good show to have the fastest street driven Gen1's and Gen'2 going at it for the title of The Fastest Real Street Lightning:tu:

Ray

I have to agree with Ray. Otherwise, there's no real incentive for guys with truly fast street trucks to enter the class.

Everything out there for our trucks except for the Pro Truck class is handicapped. The only kind of heads-up/ET racing we get to do outside of L-Fest is only bragging rights during qualification at other events.

So, I'm pretty interested in there being some place where having a fast ET really does matter. Some justification for spending all this money! ;)

I'm planning on running some True Street classes at other events.

Hello all,:wave:

This is a two-edged sword.:hh:

If we make the TS class "Who is the Fastest", the large class seen last year will dry up. There will only be 2 or 3 fast trucks that will enter.:? Why would John Doe who has a 12.5-13.5 second truck want to waste his/her time.:confused:

The reason for make the run against the clock in a single class is to make all trucks able to win the class. To do the TS like the big events do, requires many classes/trophies/payouts....we have 3.;m

Since Johnny is sponsoring the class, we will discuss the rules with him, but I believe that it is to everyones benefit to have a large fun class. We expect 30 or more in the class this year with the rules as presently posted.:eek:

If Johnny or someone (any volunteers??) wants to include additional trophies for "Fastest Street Lightning/s", we will add the classes. But as it is currently set up seems the fairest to the largest group.:grin1:

All right, now I am off my box...your comments please.:ashamed:

...Dwight... :flamewar:

Based on what Ray said, there would just be one additional prize, that being for the person with the quickest ET... And don't get me wrong, I'm all for the extended participation.

As it is now, it's really a Gambler race with a parade (cool in and of itself). But like all the other bracket classes, there's no incentive for having a fast truck. For obvious reasons, I'd love for there to be somewhere to race where speed mattered... ;)

Yes Don,
We do have the Pro Truck for the heads-up, .400 light, but many of the trucks running in that class are not street legal.:scared1:

Jeff & Ray,
I do have a left-over trophy from last year, that we can put a new plaque on. No money, but "bragging rights" trophy....what should the new plaque say..."Worlds Fastest True Street Lightning" and of course LightningFest 2005:?

:bigtu: :stirpot:

Well since Johnny is the sponsor, it really is up to him. But I would think he would even be up for a rule change on this one. I do understand the fact we want this to be the largest class( with the 30 mile drive around town) So that's why I suggested some kind of prize for the fastest real street truck along with the rules Shawn has in place. It's just going to add more trucks to this class in my opinion.

Ray

A couple of quick questions:

Why are "dealer" plates prohibited>??? I run on a dealer plate every time my truck is on the street and don't understand this.
Are "repair" plates prohibited as well>???
I can swap my dealer tag for a repair tag if that were the case. My truck retains every stock component and I am interested in this class, but it doesn't look like I can run it because of my license plate. -Mat-

Back