TruckFest!!!!!

Jeff when did you move to Indy? Last I thought you were on the west coast. Welcome to wonderful Indiana. BTW did you win the lottery 5k sq feet 9 car/truck garage?

Jay

Been here for about 8 weeks now. Still don't HAVE the house (my offer was countered, so I'm in the process of countering the counter right now).

Housing here isn't nearly as expensive as it was in CA! What I got out of my tiny house there goes a LONG way towards a nice place here... ;)

So far the head count for the stopover looks like:

Dean
Chuck
Justin
Steve C.
Marcus
Brian (you can fly to Indy, ride from there)
Ralph
Dennis
Jamie

What about the other IN guys? Matt? John? Brian? Curt? You know you wanna!! :D

weareweird69 said:
I dont know if I will race it or not, I dont know what its going to run at all, being I will have the new motor and what-not in there. I know there is T&T, but I dont know what to sign up for, thats my problem!!! Thats why im not registered yet ;m

I know the same feeling. My motor is out of the truck and I'm determined to have it ready to run T&T. I sent my registration in today. Hope to see ya there. If your lucky you can spank me. :D

Kevin

I know this is far into the future, but how is this going to work? It's ~600 miles from here to Jeffs, and ~550 miles from Jeffs to Topeka. Is the idea to leave Jeffs on Thursday morning to be in Topeka Thurs evening? Or leave on Fri moning to be there on Friday evening? Any good, inexpensive hotels in the Indianapolis area? :D

Definitely not too far to plan!

Plan is to leave early Thursday morning to be there late Thursday afternoon so that we can race at "street night" Thursday night.

Hotels -
Super 8 - $45/night
Holiday Inn Express - $63/night
Comfort Suites - $80/night
Jeff's Floor - Free! Bring a sleeping bag. I'll have three beds available, plus sofa, recliner, etc.

Figure the return trip will happen either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. And you can stay then, too.

jeff, im there dude. i dont know if the truck will be but if not the BMW will be up to the challenge. its pulled a few L98 vettes on the interstate in its day.

Bring em on!

We have had emails from both the Corvette and Porsche clubs from KC, wanting to participate in the Open Track on Sunday the 26th!:dp:

We have also had emails from a Ford diesel owner in the KC area that has another 6 entries in the Diesel class. I think it will be fun to see 20-30 Ford diesels blowing black smoke on the drag strip:tu:

...Dwight...;g ;g :eek:

Any Ford diesels are welcome to register and run at L/H TF this year. They do not have to be HD's to run.:3g:

Jeff...Margi and I will be going.
I will talk to the rest of the ILLNESS group and chat about where we can all meet up. I would love to see a group of 50 plus Lightnings all pull into town at the same time :dp:

I was just wondering if most people going are playing in the events. I don't want to be the only one not having any fun, I just worry about something hanpping to the L and then I have to make it back to TX. Can you just particapate in one event like the truck show.

Jeff,

I'm down for the Topeka convoy. Shall I bring along some Arrogant Bastard....Ale? ;z

:jb: :nb:
22085-360-7789.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Why, yessir, Sir Robert, I do believe you should! BTW, I need to know where to acquire that elixir... ;)

Where is Mine????

Where is mine??:confused:

Nan and I will have been slaving for days by the time you guys arrive...maybe you should post some to the HI to tide me over?:?:bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :nb: :tipsy:

...D...

Dwight, have you tried that stuff yet? I'm not normally really big on IPAs, but that stuff is AWESOME!

No Jeff,

I havent tried it yet...hence the post "suggesting" the mailing of some to Topeka to tide me over until you all arrive for the Fest:D :tu:

Awesome indeed. The 7+% has a tendency to sneak up on you. :tipsy:

Dwight,

20 oz bottles don't ship very well but I'm sure there will be a copious amount of 'Bastard available over the weekend.

Jeff,

Sent you a PM RE Indy availability of said malted beverage.

Bob

Back