Truck wrecked

I was lucky in my ol'T. I was stopped and the kid hit me and then took off, his Jeep still was able to go on. A State Trooper just happened to be leaving the post about a mile away and pulled in behind me right after I got to the shoulder of the highway. Before I got my statement finished, a lady pulled in behind the cruiser and gave the Trooper the license number. She saw it happen and followed him long enough to get his tag number. By the time the trooper was ready to tell me good luck, he got a call. The kid was pulled over already on the other side of town waiting for, in the Troopers' words " an angry Father" So my story was a lot of luck all around. The State Farm agent I had to deal with was really good to work with. I hope you get everything taken care of.

Let the ribbing commence
a065a06dac2470e0ef746920e973a0ba.jpg
ec9266fc85e3d078572eed77501c6426.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's definitely got some issues but a pretty solid truck. I drove it from gulfport ms to new Orleans. Once I got back the cruise control was intermittent and the overdrive light started flashing. I know there are some broken vacuum lines under the hood and the a/c runs when I tried to run the heater. Any ideas on the trans problem? I will run codes on it later this weekend when I get time.

You still plan on fixing your truck? Pretty sweet looking Bronco I loved my 79!

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Aww Yea, that's the reason I kept insurance on it. I figured it would give me a reason to fix it instead of letting it sit. Things will just be tight since I'll be fixing 2 vehicles but I'm sure if I don't get carried away it'll get done. I think it's sweet this thing has a mass air 5.8. Leather seats are in good shape too. Probably change all the bushings and fix whatever mechanical problems there is, then I'll start tearing into the flareside.

Thanks guys, I plan to make it reliable. I don't plan to go off road but around here the flooding happens.

For now it's staying at the height it's at so I can fix the flareside. I agree a lightning bronco is cool. I might be able to sell the lift kit and wheels to cover dropping it and some gen 2 wheels. I plan to swap frames on the fs so everything is where it's supposed to be. I'll have all the welding and stuff for 4 link and bags done while nothing's in the way. Right now I gotta get the bronco as reliable as the other was prior to the accident. I have 2 codes, 211 and 452.

Been messing with the truck here and there in the morning before work. Put a kn filter and the snorkel that goes by the radiator. I hated looking at the one going over the radiator. Over the weekend I made it to the junk yard to get some new a pillars and washer tank. I also grabbed a handful of vss sensors. Yesterday I crawled under the truck and pulled the one that was in there. Figures it's the newer style crap. Had metal shavings on it which bothered me. I swapped it for the older one and haven't had any issues with shifting. Once I make sure everything is good I'll probably rebuild it like I did the fs. Next on the list is the pip code and air bag flashing. I saw there was butt splices under the carpet by the seat belt plug. Probably the culprit. When I changed out the distributor on the fs the pip problem was solved. Any thoughts? I also want to get rid of the led 3rd brake light (not working). If anyone has an extra let me know. All the ones from the jy were cracked or nasty. Another thing that's gonna have to happen is a punisher vb. Especially since they are on sale. I have no info on the truck so no telling if it's ever been rebuilt or maintained. I'd hate to drop the pan and find all kinds of stuff sitting on the bottom. If I replace the distributor I'll replace plugs and wires so I know it's good. (and bump timing)

I'm sure it has its hand in it. I will put the one from the fs on it tomorrow morning and see if anything changes. I google and looked on eBay for a replacement but all I saw was leds. I don't want nor like the look of it. I'd like to have a Ford replacement or something like it with regular bulbs. I ordered a vb earlier today from punisher so I'm sure if there is any damage I'll find out when I drop the pan.

Yanked out the carpet today and traced a wire ran into the air box. Previous owner installed some outlets. One in the console and one in the back. I'm going to check leaks while the carpet is out. How should I fix this? Bought some mean green to clean the carpet. I'm hoping that works and is safe. There was some sound deadener on the floor that seemed to be flaking off so I busted it up. I still have 2 rolls from the other truck I was gonna use. I'll post more pics when I'm done. I'm not putting it back till I'm positive there are no leaks. It hasn't rained since I got the truck but I'll wash it and see where it takes me.

When I removed and cleaned my 94 carpet I used simple green and a pressure washer a a teeny bit of tide laundry soap on tuff stains.
Spray it wet,spray it with SG. Scrub with a stiff bristle brush and add tide to stains and scrub (add small amounts of water as needed to soap) let is "soak" a bit and pressure wash till you fell clean and soap free. Let is sit in the sun a good bit to dry.
I did this in Mid Summer in South Texas.
Cleaned it real nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just cleaned it and it does look better but I'm pretty sure it won't be perfect. I went to the store and bought some floor mats to hopefully cover up any ugliness. Also got some sealant to fix any leaks along the firewall. I'm going to use a plastic trim plug to fill the hole in the air box. It won't look as obvious as a bunch of goo gobbed up all over. I have the carpet hanging with the matting face up so it'll dry with a blow up fan under it. Hopefully it will get most of the water out and tonight I'll stick a heater by it to warm up the air. I doubt it'll be dry tomorrow but I'll put it back once I confirm the leaks are fixed.

2ba808373d75e4a066b2e6432a23a18d.jpg
I got some floor mats and installed some sound deadener after I busted up the old stuff. The cowl is a little bent so I'm gonna grab one from the jy.

76457bfff72cba2e8af9ab0bfcb0ba3d.jpg
It cleaned up nice. My girlfriend did the cleaning which allowed me the time to do the sound deadener and repair the leaks. I did notice the bottom corner of the dash was broken. I'll have to locate the repair kit. I'm sure I could fabricate it myself but it'll probably just be easier to buy it. The next thing will be the leaking lower radiator hose. I will do the oil cooler delete. I already have oil, filter, and hose. I'm thinking about replacing the radiator while I'm in there. I'd hate to have to tear into the coolant again like I did last time. I had just replaced the radiator and hoses on the flareside when I got hit. Another thing, once the vb arrives I'd like to do that. What should I be looking for when I drop the pan. I'm hoping everything is cool and all goes well but I'd like to be prepared for the worst. I have no history on the truck so I don't know if it's ever been rebuilt.

Back