Truck wrecked

I was involved in an accident on the way home from work Tuesday. Lady failed to yield and hit me. I'm OK other than my wrist being aggravated. Kinda stiff too. I've never been in an accident being the driver. I'm dealing with the insurance companies right now and hopefully I get my truck rolling again pretty quick. I'd like to do some upgrades while I'm in there haha.
c001021a8e015afeb30a758239f6ae59.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that but you walked away thats all that matters! I'm sure you will get it back together soon as long as the "while I'm in there" don't get you lol. Good luck bro!

Sorry to hear man. But on positive side it's not your fault so you'll get a check and it doesn't look too bad. Probably didn't even wreck the rad support.

Thanks guys, I agree it's not that bad. The radiator support is trashed along with the both fenders and bumper. The crinkle area that attaches to the bumper is also bent. The hood seems good other than the tiny strip of metal that hooks the latch. I'd like to provide whoever does the work with as many parts as possible so it's all factory parts. I wonder what's gonna happen as far as paint goes. I doubt they will give me enough to get the whole truck repainted and repaired.

That sucks. Good luck with the insurance company. They will probably value the truck at some absurdly low number and offer you 75% of that number as a total. I hate insurance companies. The last time I dealt with one was when a lady with her phone up her butt and her head right next to it turned left out of a right turn only lane and hit me. Her insurance company said it was my fault for not seeing what she was doing and getting out of her way. Months of phone calls and emailed photos of the intersection later I finally got a check for 25% of the damage.

That sucks. Good luck with the insurance company. They will probably value the truck at some absurdly low number and offer you 75% of that number as a total. I hate insurance companies.

+1 here ... if you're wanting to keep the truck, tighten up the big-boy pants and prepare for some heated "debating".

If you have them or can find them, I'd have any and all documentation of all upgrades and improvements in hand.

+1 here ... if you're wanting to keep the truck, tighten up the big-boy pants and prepare for some heated "debating".

If you have them or can find them, I'd have any and all documentation of all upgrades and improvements in hand.
Documentation meaning receipts? Could I make a list of everything and provide prices of parts? I'm sure they aren't gonna like the price of the cervinis hood or lower valance. I have contacted a lawyer expecting to be jerked around by their insurance. They still haven't called me back with any information. I've been getting rides and uber drivers to bring me to and from work.

that sucks, happened to me with my 94 about 14 years ago when a tractor trailer made an illegal left turn from the far right lane on a 3 lane road. I was dragged with my truck about 50 feet before the guy realized there was a problem. It took me a few years before I was good with driving near one on any road. It cost them $4800 to repair my truck and $30,000 for my injuries!

Documentation meaning receipts?
This is preferable but not absolutely required.

Could I make a list of everything and provide prices of parts?
This would likely be what's minimally needed in order to argue your case.

I'm sure they aren't gonna like the price of the cervinis hood or lower valance.
Don't worry about what any adjuster likes or thinks is out of line ... worry about and be able to present what sh** actually costs.

Remember ... all you're trying to do is verify that the truck is actually worth more than the total lose settlement amount.

That sucks. Good luck with the insurance company. They will probably value the truck at some absurdly low number and offer you 75% of that number as a total. I hate insurance companies. The last time I dealt with one was when a lady with her phone up her butt and her head right next to it turned left out of a right turn only lane and hit me. Her insurance company said it was my fault for not seeing what she was doing and getting out of her way. Months of phone calls and emailed photos of the intersection later I finally got a check for 25% of the damage.

I also hate insurance companies. All they are is leagal crooks!! I also was in an accident where an on coming vehicle turned left in front of me, none of it being my fault. They said I was 25% at fault. They said I should have slowed down. So I asked if I'm suppose to slow done every time an oncoming car is headed towards me in there lane! I said how the hell am I suppose to know what there thing, and then I stated oh yeah I am suppose to know what there thing it's called a ****ing turn signal and they didn't use one!!! Took me 11 months on the phone everyday to get a settlement for my property a 93' foxbody with every part removed and painted custom and $42k in receipts. They only wanted to give me like $6500. Finally they hired a 3rd party appraisal company and they gave it a value of $55k. Ended up getting $38k and kept the car. All insurance companies are freakn crooks and know we have to deal with stupid obamacare bull****!!! Family of 4 costs over $24k a year know that's rediculous, me being single mines gone up 200%. Almost $10k just myself. I used to pay $200 a month for premium bcbs and I never use it. Guess it's like taxes us working people got to pay for the lazy asses and politicians!! Rant over. Good luck with arguing with the crooks!!!

Side note I was young and should have sued the **** out of them. Settled property and then they declined to pay for any medical. ****ing crooks!!

Where should I get prices on body parts? I was planning on trying to get fenders, radiator support, and bumper from the junk yard so it's all ford parts. I'm not gonna give them those prices haha

Call your local Ford dealer. The parts will likely show up in the system as unavailable, but sometimes they can still see the last MSRP. LMC also has those parts and occasionally has OE parts in stock with OE prices.

You might luck out. Year before last a kid rear ended my Taurus work car and I ended up getting $4300 and my old 02 T with a salvage title. 250 bucks worth of junkyard parts and a couple of days with a port-a-power and hammer and I'm still driving the ol' T to work everyday. He had State Farm and they were very good to work with.

I had a 67 VW bug with a 2.0 liter turbo and a kid ran a stop sigh right in front of me, I never had time to hit the brakes. The kid ran and when they found him he didn't have ins. and was driving on a suspended license. His father asked me if I called the state's attorney and cancelled the case he'd pay me what I wanted. I gave him a number, he paid then I sold the car for another $3000. That is the one and only time I made out well, but have been screwed over more times by ins. co. I really hope you make out Brett

Sucks, hopefully it'll work out.
My biggest issue with accident repair, up to this point, wasn't the insurance company but the jackasses at the body shop not knowing how to lay paint down without runs or thin spots.
Different shops. Get in a hurry to cut corners to make money, but doesn't work if ya make them do it twice.

He had State Farm and they were very good to work with.

It's funny how different you can be treated by the same company. Several years ago I was on my way to work on a wet road and got hit by a guy in a Dodge truck going the same direction I was. He was in the far left lane, I was in the far right with him maybe 4-5 car lengths ahead of me. He lost control and started spinning around. He made two complete revolutions before he went in front of me and hit a power pole that was maybe a foot from the edge of the road. Having nowhere to go I hit him right in the rear. State Farm refused to pay and said it was my fault because I had rear ended him. They actually told me that if I had hit any side of his truck but the rear they would have paid up with no questions, but since I hit him in the rear they wouldn't pay. I talked to a lawyer friend of mine and he gave me some phrases to use that would make it obvious I had talked to a lawyer without actually telling them I had hired one (apparently if you tell them you've retained a lawyer they won't talk to you any more) and I finally got them to pay up.

I have had State Farm my whole life and so far have been treated well. Luckily though I havent had any accidents charged to me.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Back