Truck update

Vern

As some of you know, at the end of last year the chip in the Lightning was going bad and was short-shifting the trans at wot. So, I just took the chip out and this year I've been driving it on the street without any extra chip or programming. It still has the Ford MA conversion with a AKC0 eec.

Finally got to the track last Sat for Vamp, and amazingly the truck ran within a tenth of what it ran with the chip, 13.18 at 102. 60' times were close also, 1.80/1.78 when last year it was usually 1.76. And this was with the tranny shifting at the stock shift points of 5000 rpm. The a/f was a little fatter, which is understandable. But, that also makes it safer and with it shifting at 5k, way easier on parts. This was with absolutely no tune-up at all, same plugs, wires as last year and timing at stock 10 deg.

The bad news - I blew a header collector gasket and lost the 2 header bolts on #4 cylinder, which blew out the header gasket on the way home. Got all that fixed today, with new plugs, and I'll reset the timing and fuel pressure tomorrow. So, I should be good to go Sat for the FordFest at KCIR. I'm planning on running the Fast Ford bracket class but may also run Mod Street.

Hope to see you guys there!

Fordfest

I'll be there as well. Either with the Lightning or the Cobra , depending on weather. BTW - I will be one of the car show judges.

Back