Truck starts and then immediately stalls...

relykz

2001 White SVT Lightning
SVT Lightning starts up and then stalls - YouTube

Truck starts fine every time but then immediately stalls out. The fuel pressure instantly drops to zero after the truck fires up. I have already replaced the fuel filter, fuel pumps (replaced with Walbro 255lph), y-fitting (replaced with stainless steel piece), rubber hoses, all fuel related relays, cleaned the IAC, and tried swapping back to the stock MAF. Still the same issue occurs...

I have also already checked and the truck don't have any vacuum leaks. Could this issue be the fuel regulator?

Looks like this was my problem:

DSC02664.JPG

F81Z-14A601-AC - Fuel Pump Resistor

Thanks to BGstew on LightningRodder.com for helping me get this issue resolved in a matter of minutes... on my way to OKC to get the beast back on the road!

FML, as if my luck couldn't get any worse... no Ford dealership in Oklahoma has the fuel pump resistor, they will have to special order it from a dealership in Tennessee and it won't be here until Thursday. On top of that... it's $75+.

Looks like I'll be doing this until a replacement resistor comes in to a local dealership:

fuelpump1.jpg

Jump the Hi/Lo relay in the engine bay.....like this... this will bypass your fuel pump voltage dropping resistor.

Last edited:
Back