Truck not starting

lightningmax

What should my fuel pressure be and how long should it hold fuel pressure when you key on but not start . Replaced tank with a fuel cell an a dw 350 fuel pump now the truck will not start

Sent from my SM-T837T using Tapatalk

Pressure shouldn't drop in any reasonable amount of time. It may bleed down over night. Should be pretty close to 40 psi without the engine running.

Regulator is bleeding through or no check valve in the pump. The lack of check valve in the pump wouldn't pose an issue when the pump is running, but it's still good to have one in the supply line. It'll makes starting the truck much less "interesting."

Another possibility is an injector stuck open. Did you change injectors?

What should the fuel pressure be on the 95 and how fast should the fuel pressure bleed off after turning the key on

Ok I'm still running the factory fuel regulator do I also need to run a aftermarket regulator

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I do still have the factory regulator on it try a check valve an a aftermarket regulator

Stick with a Motorcraft part (CM-4764) -- they're still available and cheapest of the potential fixes here.

'93 pumps were recalled for bad diaphragms that would allow pressure to bleed off and cause cross-flow btwn tanks, and the "add-on" external check valves (1L3Z-9J274-AA) from that recall are also still available -- they're a little pricey, but cheaper than replacing the fuel pump module.

Fuel pressure should be 30-45 psi engine running & 35-45 psi at key on.

Back