truck bogs into 2nd

Nosebleed

So ive had the transmision in the truck for about 3 months and it just started bogging into 2nd gear about 2 weeks ago. its only when i go past half throttle tho. shifts hard enough into 2nd that i get wheel hop then it bogs for a second then goes again. transmission and tq converter are new. any help would be greatly appreciated.

now the truck seems to be down on power by about 50 hp or more. but still gets about 18 -20 mpg again any help would be nice

Have you done any diagnostic checks? Check plugs? Compression? Any check engine lights? 18-20 mpg is pretty darn good I had a couple swb 5.0 trucks all stock with cat back exhaust and never got that good of mpg's. Describe "bog"? Does it fall on its face then just come alive? Black smoke when it happens? Is it all the time or intermittent?

Could it be your tq converter locking? Is it stock or aftermarket? Mine will do something similar in 2nd when driving hard. The converter will lock and pull the rpms down some.

no check engine light no smoke. violent shift then falls on its face and comes kinda comes alive, almost feels like its a 3/4 throttle. the converter is stock

shifting problem ended up being the MLPS, but the truck still has no power. Pretty sure by buddies 4.0 sohc ranger would skull drag me. no vaccum leaks and gas milage still about 18-20mpg

check your fuses..i had a similar issue with a truck I was working on. it ended being a fuse(it was a while back I don't remember off the top of my head)...I wished I would of check that before swapping stalls/ valvebody. good luck

Back