Transmissions

My shifts change drastically with each mode. Tow and Sport mode holds the gear longer when downshifting and is more sensitive to load when upshiftjng. Eco and rain mode shifts super quick and kind of lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't like any of the stock modes. Normal mode skips gears and lugs around. Sport mode is not good either and holds gears waaaaay too long if you got like half throttle or more. Had to shift into normal mode to get it to upshift at times. Currently have a palm beach Dyno flex fuel tune and it is much better but still not 100% to my liking.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't like any of the stock modes. Normal mode skips gears and lugs around. Sport mode is not good either and holds gears waaaaay too long if you got like half throttle or more. Had to shift into normal mode to get it to upshift at times. Currently have a palm beach Dyno flex fuel tune and it is much better but still not 100% to my liking.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Me either my man! Sport mode is the best, but as you said, still has its downfalls.

My shifts change drastically with each mode. Tow and Sport mode holds the gear longer when downshifting and is more sensitive to load when upshiftjng. Eco and rain mode shifts super quick and kind of lugs.

Mine do too, but that wasn't the point. The throttle feel is the biggest change. Most of the transmission changes could be handled automatically without the need to change modes. If I'm at 75+% throttle I want more aggressive shifting. If I'm putting along at less than 25% throttle I want economy. With all the other things they are capable of it seems the could get the shifting right without me having to tell it so much.

i got ideas for phase 2 of my build.... 10r80!? There's a standalone controller available with HTG and their GCU control unit. They have CAN integration with Holley Terminator for the engine parameters, or they can be hardwired individually.

If not, I'll go with the 8HP70 8 speed. They have SBF bellhousing adapters for that one too.

HTG stuff is interesting, where did you see Holley integration? I see other EFI (like Haltech :)) but do not see Holley

HTG stuff is interesting, where did you see Holley integration? I see other EFI (like Haltech :)) but do not see Holley
here;s the support list. Holley is shown towards the bottom.

Plus, there a few discussions on their FB Group. Seems like a certainty.

Also check out the response to the question i asked.

I have a 5star tune in my 2012 raptor and the 2022 explorer. Both are great. They also have a lifetime warranty. When ford did a recall on the raptor (brake tune?) I just sent 5star an email and the next day 3 new tunes. Good guys to work with.
I have a 2010 FX4 raptor clone has 5.4, 35's 6in lift. performance feels flat to me and is always wandering gears on hwy especially with cruise set. 3:73 rear. Would the 5 star tune help with it or just money spent?

I think so a bunch. It's a world different in the 10 speed explorer. It drives a lot like a ecoboost mustang now. In the raptor 6 speed it made a difference but not as much. In the raptor it was always a sportier shifting trans. If I hold down the hazard light button for more than 10 seconds it goes into race mode. Holds up shifts a lot and down shifts a whole lot even at part throttle. If you have a unlocked tuner it's about $200. Well worth it. You will gain about .5mpg that's worth $50. Lol

If you need a tuner I have a brand new one used once in a mustang. Took the tune back out of the car before my wife sold it.

I think so a bunch. It's a world different in the 10 speed explorer. It drives a lot like a ecoboost mustang now. In the raptor 6 speed it made a difference but not as much. In the raptor it was always a sportier shifting trans. If I hold down the hazard light button for more than 10 seconds it goes into race mode. Holds up shifts a lot and down shifts a whole lot even at part throttle. If you have a unlocked tuner it's about $200. Well worth it. You will gain about .5mpg that's worth $50. Lol

If you need a tuner I have a brand new one used once in a mustang. Took the tune back out of the car before my wife sold it.
My truck gets 10 mpg so yes it needs all the help it can get! PM I'm interested in tuner.

Back