Transmission Tuning with Tweecer

Bill Riter

C3P2 gave up, purchased a Fiveology Mass Air conversion, Stage 2 with 30# injectors. Came with a HOG0 ECM and calibrated Mass Airflow Sensor. Truck runs well, AFR is good. The truck shifts better than ever. The E4OD shift points and firmness are very different between the the two ECMs. Some of the scaler names match and some do not. I am a little scared to just start matching the C3P2 settings in the HOG0, when I am not sure what some of them are ( naming looks different between the strategies ). Does anyone have any wisdom they can share? Any word would be appreciated.

Thanks

C3P2 gave up, purchased a Fiveology Mass Air conversion, Stage 2 with 30# injectors. Came with a HOG0 ECM and calibrated Mass Airflow Sensor. Truck runs well, AFR is good. The truck shifts better than ever. The E4OD shift points and firmness are very different between the the two ECMs. Some of the scaler names match and some do not. I am a little scared to just start matching the C3P2 settings in the HOG0, when I am not sure what some of them are ( naming looks different between the strategies ). Does anyone have any wisdom they can share? Any word would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post up the items that you don't know. I am sure we can help.

View attachment HOG0 - C3P2 Compare.doc

Wow quick reply, thanks Raymond.

I have attached a comparison sheet, I was putting together. I listed all the scalars for the HOG0 on the left, then added the scalars from the C3P2 on the right across from what I thought was equal. I highlighted the boxes, where i did not see anything close. I do not have all the scalars from the C3P2 shown.

Thanks, Bill

View attachment 36041

Wow quick reply, thanks Raymond.

I have attached a comparison sheet, I was putting together. I listed all the scalars for the HOG0 on the left, then added the scalars from the C3P2 on the right across from what I thought was equal. I highlighted the boxes, where i did not see anything close. I do not have all the scalars from the C3P2 shown.

Thanks, Bill

Bill, the scaler values for c3p2 are incorrect. You have picked the wrong strategy. Try viewing it with ICY1 strategy instead of LHBLO.

Indeed, if you have the newer tweecer software it has to be opened with the icy1 strategy. ..

View attachment HOG0-VEX1 + C3P2-ICY1 Comparison.doc

OK, opened the C3P2 in ICY1 Strategy, figured out I could compare the PID names. I matched the scalars between the HOG0 and C3P2 for the most part. there are still some that do not cross (possibly because one is Mass Air and the other is Speed Density). This is making more sense now. I also combined the two into one to make a new tune. If you get time please let me know if I am on the right track or way off.

Thanks, Bill

Recommend moving these to Vex scaler values: DFSRPM,BZZRPM, BZZTM,CTHIGH, CTLOW,ECTSTABL,ECTSHYS,TEMPFB,OLITD1,ECTNOK,OPCLT1,

Try SARCH=352.133 to see how she starts, it will change the volumetric tables for the bigger351 otherwise the truck Maf transfer function will be off IMHO.

Recommend moving these to Vex scaler values: DFSRPM,BZZRPM, BZZTM,CTHIGH, CTLOW,ECTSTABL,ECTSHYS,TEMPFB,OLITD1,ECTNOK,OPCLT1,

Try SARCH=352.133 to see how she starts, it will change the volumetric tables for the bigger351 otherwise the truck Maf transfer function will be off IMHO.

Finally got the chance to make the changes, it starts a whole lot better and the transmission shifts great. We have a little roughness in the idle, found the distributor connector has some loose connections. Going to replace the connector and distributor, and check for vacuum leaks. Other than that it is running good.

Thanks for everyone's help, Bill Riter

Back