Transmission Dipstick options

JamesJ

What is everyone running if not the stock Trans "filler tube"? Mine was damaged beyond repair and another item i forgot about until now. I was looking at the lokar style ones but they keep specifying everything except a E4OD, im still learning so i dont know if the AOD ones will work. Dang though the prices are crazy from $125 up to $200!! I'll buy it if i have to but i wanted to see if anyone else had options. The JBG is only $50 but i dont understand what it says here -
This is not a duplicate of the original!

This an aftermarket dipstick tube and stick!

Must use a 47/64 drill bit to enlarge small hole case. ---
(what?)

Dipstick locks into tube.

23 1/2" long

The E4OD dipstick tube does NOT go into the transmission case; it goes into a tube that's permanently attached to the case, so it can't be drilled. And there is no "lock" on that tube - just an O-ring. Study these pages:

(click this text)

(click this text)

You should put ALL the truck's details & history (as much as you know) into your signature so it shows with each post, as this page explains:

(click this text)

Phone apps don't always show signatures, so you may need to switch to a real browser in desktop mode on your phone, or just use a desktop/laptop computer. Put your location in your profile & upload an avatar of the truck. The more pics you post of the truck, engine, wiring, labels, & undercarriage, the more likely we can help you.

The E4OD dipstick tube does NOT go into the transmission case; it goes into a tube that's permanently attached to the case, so it can't be drilled. And there is no "lock" on that tube - just an O-ring.

So the "drill out case" that JGB was talking about is "permanent" tube out of the case. Thiers does not fit all E4OD's apparently and ill need to pull out my trans from storage to check. That permanently attached tube to the case though is anything but that. Ive had 3 different trucks with the E4OD) have those tubes from previous owners JB welded on, silicone to hell or just plain loose. When i pulled this trans it fell out as it was already completely detached from the case. STUPID me i tossed it aside and now I'm desperately searching for it.... but i have to explore replacements if it doesn't turn up soon.

I appreciate all the diagrams you've posted for me, they have truly saved me more than once, and I'll get to that signature to add info.

Again, thank you for all the help! cant wait to see these motor mounts!

Did you measure the height of the oil pan above the crossmember with the OLD mounts? There has been some discussion about how much fabricated mounts lift an engine, so it would be interesting to get some "before" numbers from an actual Lightning. This is only an "after" pic:

(click this text)

Did you measure the height of the oil pan above the crossmember with the OLD mounts? There has been some discussion about how much fabricated mounts lift an engine, so it would be interesting to get some "before" numbers from an actual Lightning. This is only an "after" pic:

(click this text)
Unfortunately I can’t, I pulled the motor last year for a rebuild and just got it back with a aftermarket Moroso pan. Best I have is the YT video i shot but the trans was out and there’s no way to accurately see the height. I know one guy with a stock lightning but it’s hit or miss if he’s friendly/sober but if I can I’ll try to grab a before pic for you.

Back