Trans shifting

M

Monte

I have a 93 with the following mods: Headers, high flowcats, Ford Motorsport Mass Air conv (came with 30LBS injectors and 80mm mass air), K&N, Paxton SN-93 supercharger, MSD ignition with boost retard. The problem I have is the way my transmission shifts or I could say doesn't shift. Every so often it doesn't shift fron 2nd to 3rd automaticty and I will need to shift manually. I found out that if I take off my + cable off my battery it will start working great again. I'll do anything to fix this. Thanks

That sounds wierd.Is it slipping any?My second gear went out pretty fast after I put a changer on it.I put in a PA valve body and its been great for 35K or so now.Sorry I couldnt help.Maybe someone will chim in.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

No it doesn't slip. When it's running ok it shifts really soft and sometimes it takes a long time to shift, but when it's not shifting from 2nd to 3rd, 1st hits so hard that I think my truck could break something. I had Ford look at it and they said the trans is ok.....

It could be the FMS conversion screwing up your shifts; or, you may have a bad solenoid pack in the tranny. When my pack went out, it would not shift from 2 to 3 at WOT, but would under "normal" driving conditions. There was also no code thrown for the bad pack. You may give Pat Garrett a call at Level 10, 973-827-1000

------------------
Keep it safe...

John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas

Back