Tranny Fluid?

bjmink

Oh Yeah! It's Da Minkman!
Ok the morons at AutoZone have confused me beyond belief. Of course I probably asked for it... Never assume that those guys know what they are talking about....Also I have searched the site and I think I know the anwser but i wanted to make sure from you guys.

I am about to swap out my tranny pan for a deep sump one as most of you know. The book in my truck says that our L's use Mercon ATF. The dipstick says "Use Mercon".

One guy at AutoZone told me Mercon III works, another told me Mercon V works, and yet another told me any ole Mercon will work. From my searches on NLOC I have decided that Dextron/Mercon III is the correct fluid to use. Am I blowin smoke outta my a$$ or is this correct????

Bart

On a side note, someone should really teach those guys at AutoZone the differences in Tranny Fluid.

Dont use Mercon V in it. Mercon III is about the only thing I think you can get now other than V...

I think Gregg Evans said that there is something in Mercon V that will eat the clutches out of your tranny so I'm with stupid...;i

Back