Track Day Portland July 11th

Shelby American Automobile Club North West Is hosting track day at PIR right on the WA/OR border. Link is http://www.saacnw.org/
If you search the site you can see how many people have signed up and what they are bringing. I will be bringing an air compressor from home so all the air you want is free. (but I won't be driving it)
Cost is $119 for early sign ups! Alas my own true blue will not be running as I will be with the wife in her new Boxster showing her what I've learned of the racing line out there. There has also been talk of Gran Prix Imports (we bought the Porsche there) coming out with their Panoz race car to give rides! (no guarantee just talk for now)
http://www.gpimports.com/
It should be a great time out there and a little factoid, we are the only remaining club to have our own volunteer corner workers. Other clubs are paying to have them I think we do it because we are loyal to the idea of "sponsoring" a track day.
:grin1:

I'm in for the 7/29 GtG! Should be fun; haven't had a GtG in a long while.

Argh, I want to run PIR again, but I can't justify the $120- right now.

Hey Spoon it's worse than you know, it's $130 now!:eek:
It would be great to see ya again but I know how the money situation goes, I can only afford it cause the first payment on the Porsche is gonna be late! :D

Ron I had planned on getting the L tuned before this track day but it's too close now so I think I'll hold off till after. Gotta get some seat time or I might get too over confident coming out of that last turn. I'll get the new pulley (REAL Metco) on and let Travis have his way with my truck before the 29th so I can get some new times. Could only pull off a 13.9XX @ PIR so I'm sure I could do better.

As for the track day there is a list of who's coming on the site, there will be about 25 Mustangs, Cadillac CTS-V (Beutifull car) Noble (If you thought Lotus was cool take a look at one of these) 5 repli-cobra's, A few BMW's but I guess the SHO's arent going to make a shoing this time. (get it SHOING?) :no:

And I didnt know this but I guess some other clubs charge extra for passengers, we don't. Hope to see some of ya there take care!

It was a pretty good time! I think there were almost enough instructors to go around and the Panoz did show up to put in some good lap's. It won the Rose Cup for it's class. Although jumping in anyones car is free there were some 'special' cars that took donations and we got well over $200 to go to the Carol Shelby Charities. If you would like to take a look there was a pro-photographer out and here is his link.
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slide.jsp?auto=1&aid=768a5498cf4baa403064
Hope to see some of you at the end of the month GTG @ Woodburn!!!!

Seeing those pics reminds me just how much fun it was to run the L last year. So no trucks allowed on track, or did none show up?

Love those new Mustangs! Think I can trade in my Contour for a SVT Focus? Which pic is your wife's Porshe?

Still planning on 7/29 @ Woodburn!

In the slide show the Porsche is pic # 165 and 186.
Pics were only taken in the first run group so when I ran the L later it didnt get photographed. :cr:
Congrats on the Mariner do you have a link so we can look at it close up?
Oh and I dont think any of the pics show it but the new 'stang had really cool red rally stripes on it. And the first pic of the orange Cobra, man you gotta see that color in person it is sweet. I did some damage to the rear brakes but the fronts are perfect. I'll install my new pulley and chip so I'll be ready to race at the end of the month.
PS. I got another one of those look through boxes like we got for the trucks too! Yaaaa!

Back