Track cook for hire

huffentuff95

OLE HUFF is smoking TUFF>>>> so who's gonna bring a grill ??? I am offering my services as NLOC track cook at this event. Tail gating anyone:D I can see it now hot sausage, burgers, deputy dogs, chicken.. big AZZ T-BONES... We can pool some GREEN and lunch will be served. So what do you say!!! I work for TIPS :tongue:

I'll be cooking Jambalaya at some point, probably Friday (maybe Saturday) early afternoon.

BTW, if anyone has a larger-than-16-qt cast iron pot or kettle, let me know.

How thick is the bottom, Dwight? I have a stainless crawfish pot/fryer, but the bottom is thin and I cringe at the thought of trying to cook stuff in it that doesn't involve lots of water or oil.

I got a big AZZ cast pot that came with my chicken fryer... I am sure it is 16qt I could bring it... Also got the big alumium pot From the chicken fryer too. I don't mind helping out either!!!!

I have a 16 qt dutch oven, was just hoping for something larger. I can only feed about 20 people from 16 qt pot. That used to be plenty, but there are a few more of us now.

Guess we could run two pots and burners! That may work well anyway because that way we could make a pot for the timid (mild) and a pot for the deviant (spicy).

Hey Jeff,

My chefs stock pot has a thin bottom, so no go:(

We need good RB&R with lots of good Andouille Sausage (are you going to bring some Brooks?). :bigtu:

...Dwight...

RB&R takes too long to get just right, so you'll have to suffer with some jambalaya. I've been working on my "process" so I can cook it now in a little more than an hour rather than the 4-5 it used to take me.

Believe it or not, the Marsh supermarket here has a pretty dang passable andouille (thank god, after suffering through a few batches of jambalaya and gumbo using regular pork sausage or <GAG> Italian sausage, it was nice to get something decent).

Yeah, I was thinking a bunch of guys on a diet of RB&R and beer would be... uncomfortable in close quarters.

Back