Totaled?

droppedf100

da5080a3-f1df-44e9-b92b-a4f6a7af18b6.jpg

Yes it's a plain old f150 but it's my baby. This is pretty much the extent of the damage. The bed is scuffed some but should come out And the tierod end is bent. I'm really surprised they totaled it. Of course I'm keeping the truck and fixing it. Watch out their are some terrible drivers out there.

thats a great looking truck and the paint still shines!! Fender and a header panel repair and she's back on the road

Yea it's crazy but it doesn't matter how nice a vehicle is or how little damage it has...it's all about the value. Around here, when the cost of the repair hits 75 percent of the vehicles value, she's gone.

Sorry to see this Joe. Hope everyone is ok. I got some stock Ibeams if you need one. Although I believe yours may be drop beams though.

WTF? Totalled? Not hardly. I got hit by a lady back in September in my 1990 F-150 that is in nowhere near the shape of that truck and it didn't total. The damage didn't look as bad on mine, but it still needed all the same parts plus a bumper.

Its all based on book value and the state you live in. Different states have different guidelines. If the cost of repairs exceeds a certain percentage of the book then it will be totaled. It isnt a lightning so the truck probably only books at around 2500-3500 so if the repairs are over 1500 then it will be a total. They look at parts+labor. It doesnt matter what is bolted on the truck, its all based off of book value.

Book value is only a valid indicator on late model vehicles. On anything older it is useless. My truck that I got hit in has a book value of under $500 and a trade in value of $33. The insurance company wrote me a check for $1400 to get started on repairs.

I thought totaling my truck was weird too. They wrote me a check for $2193.44 and I can fix it cheaper so it will be receiving the much needed 351w swap before I get it painted. I have a fender and header panel already from a truck I parted out so it will be drivable soon. I just need to get them cut in first. I will need a tie rod end, inner fender, grill panel, new set of lights, and possibly the bumper. Its bent down slightly. Plus an alignment that I needed anyway. The i beam is fine Paul but thanks for offering. They are dropped i beams. It was a Mountaineer that cut into my lane that caused this. She said I was in her blind spot :headscratch:

I thought totaling my truck was weird too. They wrote me a check for $2193.44 and I can fix it cheaper so it will be receiving the much needed 351w swap before I get it painted. I have a fender and header panel already from a truck I parted out so it will be drivable soon. I just need to get them cut in first. I will need a tie rod end, inner fender, grill panel, new set of lights, and possibly the bumper. Its bent down slightly. Plus an alignment that I needed anyway. The i beam is fine Paul but thanks for offering. They are dropped i beams. It was a Mountaineer that cut into my lane that caused this. She said I was in her blind spot :headscratch:

The blind spot that you get from holding a phone up to your ear?

It sucks that it was considered totaled. But it's fairly low value combined with real high scrap value makes this a common occurance. A salvage title kills future resale value. But at least you get to keep your truck on the road.

Jim

That's the blind spot that resulted in me getting hit. That blind spot was huge too. It kept her from seeing me AND all the signs that said "Right Lane Must Turn Right" and "Lane Ends" that were scattered for the 1/4 mile prior to the scene of the crash. Her phone must have also had a memory zapper feature, because what she told her insurance company during their investigation was completely false. Fortunately it was nothing sending them a few photos of the accident site couldn't rectify.

Haha could be though she never admitted it. Just got the check today. From what I'm told by her insurance company my truck is still registered and in NJ I don't have to turn my title in so it may not show up as totaled. But im never selling her anyhow. Hope that's true it will save me time not going to get a salvage title. I'm just glad the damage wasn't much worse or I would be in bad shape as 2 grand isn't buying too awful much.

Haha could be though she never admitted it. Just got the check today. From what I'm told by her insurance company my truck is still registered and in NJ I don't have to turn my title in so it may not show up as totaled. But im never selling her anyhow. Hope that's true it will save me time not going to get a salvage title. I'm just glad the damage wasn't much worse or I would be in bad shape as 2 grand isn't buying too awful much.

I'm sure that's true because i never had to turn my title in or have my truck inspected either!

I'm sure that's true because i never had to turn my title in or have my truck inspected either!

Sweet good to know.

I have it all apart now and it definitely need a rad support. It was already rusted but now its bent in the corner. Who makes good rad supports and the plastic grill reinforcement panels? I have a fender and the piece between the grill and bumper already.

Sweet good to know.

I have it all apart now and it definitely need a rad support. It was already rusted but now its bent in the corner. Who makes good rad supports and the plastic grill reinforcement panels? I have a fender and the piece between the grill and bumper already.

From what I have been seeing, LMC makes a good radiator support. Good luck buddy, and hope everything works out for ya.

Back