Top Truck Class

Jwilklightning

Clinically Insane
Jeff/Dwight

How is this class being handled since it is a one time race on the NMCA/NMRA? Are we going to have to buy a membership/class #. Or will it just have a entry fee.

Jason

Jason, I PM'd Jeff days ago asking that and if they were going to allow guys not to have to be members to race in the normal lightning class for this one race too. I still haven't gotten a reply.

Sorry been real busy with rules and other stuff and have not been able to come on the site. It's a non-points class so a membership fee will not be required.

Sorry been real busy with rules and other stuff and have not been able to come on the site. It's a non-points class so a membership fee will not be required.

I'd like to know what it would cost $$$$ to sponsor a class like this for the 2012 racing season. The NMRA/NMCA has needed a class like this for a long time! Trucks like mine running 8.50 back in 2005 could NEVER race at those events because it was to fast for the class! Now there are plenty of 7, 8, & 9 second trucks that could show up to race in a heads up class!
Remember the fastest truck doesn't always Win! Think of Ray Johnson all those years!

Jeff, thanks for getting back to us. What about the normal Detroit Locker class? Will the membership fee be waived for this one race for that class also? Most guys that will attend the race weekend will race that class. Didn't you do that 2 years ago when we joined forces like this? I would assume that if you did allow us non regulars to waive the membership fees that we would receive no class points.

Jamie,

No, the fee was not waived 2 years ago. This is a NMRA race, and NOT an NLOC race. NMRA was just kind enough to add the Top Truck class for this single event without requiring membership.

The normal Detroit Locker is a series class and requires NMRA membership to run as did Ford Fun Weekend, etc.

Maybe Ralph will have his truck running and try to beat Jason? :?

Jamie,

No, the fee was not waived 2 years ago. This is a NMRA race, and NOT an NLOC race. NMRA was just kind enough to add the Top Truck class for this single event without requiring membership.

The normal Detroit Locker is a series class and requires NMRA membership to run as did Ford Fun Weekend, etc.

Thanks for clarifying Dwight.:thumbup: I though I remembered them waiving the fee for just that one race but I was mistaken.:blink: Sucks to have to become a member for just one race though! (not your fault though :eek:ldtu:)

I sure hope so but he is going to need some help getting it done in time. Working 7 days a week except for rain days doesn't leave much time for family let alone the truck.

Thanks for clarifying Dwight.:thumbup: I though I remembered them waiving the fee for just that one race but I was mistaken.:blink: Sucks to have to become a member for just one race though! (not your fault though :eek:ldtu:)

Jamie,

No we had to pay the fee or the Detroit Locker Class.

We didnt have to become a member for the True Street Class.

Talked to Steve Wolcott the CEO of Promedia he says we will waive the NMRA memebership for Lightning truck racers for this event only. With that being said make your plans now to be there!!!

Just to clarify Jeff, no membership required for JUST the Joliet race for BOTH Lightning classes?

Talked to Steve Wolcott the CEO of Promedia he says we will waive the NMRA memebership for Lightning truck racers for this event only. With that being said make your plans now to be there!!!

sweet mabey now we can have like 40 trucks in our class. the more the merrier

Back