Toll Roads?

93AZ-L

Stroked and Blown!
Anyone who has driven to Lfest before; google maps shows there are some toll roads which we will have to travel on in parts of Oklahoma or Kansas. Anyone run across this? How much were the tolls (pulling trailers?)??? Weight restrictions or anything?

Didn't hit any in OK, I think Kansas is all tollroads. It cost 5 bucks but that was a single truck, dunno what the trailer ran. Thats from Texas through straight shot up I35. Dunno about where you are coming from.

On I-70 the freeway from Topeka to KC, KS is a toll road. It's a privately owned section of freeway (huh ? That's what we were told when we traveled it.) and the cost for our L's was $2 each. Would imagine it would be a little more for a truck/trailer. Oklahoma has none I'm aware of (we've been north/south and east west on the major freeways in the last 4 years).

A suggestion is to search for each state's official website and from there find their DOT (Dept of Transportation or similar). That should give you info on weight restrictions, construction, etc. We use that to check on any major problems in the states we're headed for as we travel across the country. Just recently checked Kansas and there was nothing of concern on I-70.

Example...first searched for Kansas:

Kansas.gov - The Official Web site of the State of Kansas

From there selected the services tab:

Kansas.gov - The Official Web site of the State of Kansas

From there I went to Transportation and clicked on Road Condition Reporting System:

KanRoad Public Main Page

And now I have info to check on construction on I-70 and anywhere else in the state.

Scott

Anyone who has driven to Lfest before; google maps shows there are some toll roads which we will have to travel on in parts of Oklahoma or Kansas. Anyone run across this? How much were the tolls (pulling trailers?)??? Weight restrictions or anything?

so long as you come in on I-40 and go north on I-35 you will not have to pay any tolls in Oklahoma

If you come up from SW Oklahoma you will have to pay toll to get to OKC then free to Kansas up I-35.

Back