Tips for autocrossing event?

Have my first event this weekend. Taking a course then hitting the track. My truck has 2 inch lowering shackles, f1's, a bed cover and stereo system for added weight. Any tips? Should I remove any weight? Etc..

Andrew,

Where are you autocrossing this weekend? I'll let the others give you tips on driving, as I'm just learning myself. I've been to 2 events this year (2nd was canceled due to storms and lightning ;) ). I did ok for my first time. Hopefully, my driving will continue to improve and I've got plans to do begin modifying my truck soon. I'll be doing autocrosses all year and hopefully a driver's education and some open lapping days too.

If you haven't already seen the Novice Handbook, it helps: Novice Handbook

Will you be in Oxford near the end of the month? The MS-SCCA is having their driver's school on Saturday, April 26 and autocross on Sunday, April 27 in Grenada. That's only like 45 minutes from you, huh? The website is: http://www.msscca.org/ It would be nice to have another Lightning there!!

Chris
'03 Lightning

I will be there.

Cool!! :tu: I've got a prior commitment and can't make it to the school on Saturday, but I'll definitely be at the autocross on Sunday. Do you know any of the Lightning owners from Memphis? What are the chances of getting some of them down?

See you there! :3g:

Chris

I will be there Sunday, don't have a helmet but I might get one before the event, if not I will borrow someones. I don't know anyone in Miss that owns an L. Maybe I can get some HALO boys to come up, but I doubt. Wouldn't that be a site? L's running the show!

Back