Tim Casey and the La Paz Racing Lightning test truck.

DAVE94LIGHTNING

This is a little info on the testing and development Ford did before the Gen 1 lightning went into production. The E4OD transmission and 351 Lightning motor were tested in the desert racing arena by a guy name "Tim Casey". He owned the LaPaz Margarita mix company and the Ford Motor company gave him parts and support for the parts that they wanted durability testing on before they were released. He recently tested the new generation Aluminum bodied F150 but when I met him I realized that he had raced the Prototype F150 Lightning equipped with the Lightning 351 and E4OD modified for desert racing. He had the truck in his warehouse in Brea CA and I bought my 1994 Black Lightning from him. This was back in 1998. I still remember my truck seats etc still had the plastic covering them, the truck was just like new and Mr Casey gave me a heck of a test drive around the block. The guy could definitely drive and the truck was amazing.

2ymt7a1.jpg

2j178ex.jpg

There is a company in California somewhere that use to build C6 transmissions for the rough riders that had full billet internals.

A lot of R&D went through the rough riders. I would love to sit down and have a conversation with some of those guys

Back