Thunderstruck-1 Orange Crush-0

Trav even with the red it looks like JJ had a faster time??
There is no doubt that JL has the faster truck just not consistant today. JL should have left the old set up in the truck so he could hook maybe.
Is the cease fire on or off?

Yeah.. Johnny had some traction issues the first few runs. He trapped 5-6mph faster, but, couldn't get out the hole because of tire spin. It took him a few passes to get the chassis/tire dialed in, but, went 9.66 and 9.40 at the same 140-141mph range afterwards. So, JJ did beat him in the contest, and he deserves the win. I just hope that they get to line up again.

I was worried about Johnny switching to the 3.6 and having traction issues. His truck was consistently 9.50's even in this heat with the 2.8.

Travis

Congrats Nuno your truck is the winner man you should be very happy.Trav it's kinda like the SRT's that visit us a ton of mph but the L's cross the line first which is what counts.John laid down a helluva time but 2 outta 3 says who was consistent which is what this has been about all along.

Congrats Nuno your truck is the winner man you should be very happy.Trav it's kinda like the SRT's that visit us a ton of mph but the L's cross the line first which is what counts.John laid down a helluva time but 2 outta 3 says who was consistent which is what this has been about all along.

Well, I'd agree with you, except for the fact that Johnny just had to do a few suspension/tire tweaks to get it dialed in. It's not like the truck wasn't capable of running quicker.. He should have made a few runs with the new blower to get the suspension dialed back in. He came back and ran 9.66 and 9.40.. so, had he taken a few runs to get it dialed in, then, I think it would be a different story. But, you're right.. JJ won, and nuno should be proud.

Travis

I agree John has the quicker truck no doubt even JJ admitted that.And John will get it more consistant for sure.But this is not JJ's truck that he races nearly as often for years in the NMRA series either.Also he doesn't race anything regularly so practice helps some too don't forget.Congrats to JJ for the win and congrats to John for the quick passes.Now drink some beer guys and put the bs in the past.

Don't go over to L-****** and say that.. My God.. it's like I went over there and took a dump on everyone or something. lol.. People can't have a civil discussion, without flinging insults, flipping people off, and cursing them out.

Yes, JJ won this race. Johnny had the faster truck, though, and it's like that doesn't even matter. So, whatever.. I'll be nice and play along.

Travis

drag racing is drag racing.
i dont know what they decided on how to race in the long run. i guess will know when both camps are back tonite.
however
line up. race. finish line. usualy the best time wins, not mph. or have i missed something from watching NHRA in the last 10years?
now MPH JLP hands down has that covered.

ethier way both camp raced and it seemed like it was a great event that i wish i coulda seen personally.

anyway... congrats to Johnny and JJ for a great race!
JL get that truck dialed in and it will dominate!

How did Josh's truck run? i see that he lined up Hyde and whatever the hell his other cherry HD is named :D

Last edited:
Maybe someone will spill the beans on the weight differences. I know what it is, but not sayin a word. Congrats to both guys. We had a great day for this event, if only it were cooler.

Who cares whos trap speed is higher. They aren't going to roll race after. JJ had the lower e/t and won best of 3. So technically JJ won and was faster.

I personally like hearing it was a close race and SET up and consistency won.

They were very close! The first 2 were insane to watch,then the final race-JL was getting it down the track. I never seen JJ race before,but for a whipple truck-it sounded badas$. Congrats to both of them for putting this on today and battling sun burning heats-:usflgwav:

they weigh 90lbs difference..JJ lighter.. is what the scales said..

and i keep seeing were JL ran a 9.4 but i cant find it on my videos... maybe im missing something.. but Jl ran 4 times.. 9.8,10.,9.6,9.5

he was deff. moving at 141.. and his truck was having traction problems.. but im sure the inconsistent times were from him changing tunes and suspension work .. plus the heat was crazy :flamed:

but im sure the inconsistent times were from him changing tunes and suspension work .. plus the heat was crazy :flamed:

Neither one of them, jj nor jl touched or tweaked there trucks between rounds, with the exception of changing the ice in there coolers. :eek:ldtu: Once the track cooled down from the rain we had, quite a few guys were having traction issues. As the day progressed, the traction got better and the track started to bite.

Everyone crying about this person or that person won sounds retarded in my mind. That is who you want to win or think won, IN YOUR OPINION. If they shook hands then they one of them probably acknowledged a loss and one of them probably acknowledged a victory. Let them tell how it went. Spouting off who won in your personal opinion doesn't add anything to the thread.

I doubt anyone here actually knows what format they chose, and mainly because I doubt any set format was agreed upon between them before the race ever took place. So with that in mind, no one won! They both raced, they probably both had fun, the ETs/60s/Traps show what each truck/drive/combo can do and that's all that matters, in my opinion. FFS

Everyone crying about this person or that person won sounds retarded in my mind. That is who you want to win or think won, IN YOUR OPINION. If they shook hands then they one of them probably acknowledged a loss and one of them probably acknowledged a victory. Let them tell how it went. Spouting off who won in your personal opinion doesn't add anything to the thread.

I doubt anyone here actually knows what format they chose, and mainly because I doubt any set format was agreed upon between them before the race ever took place. So with that in mind, no one won! They both raced, they probably both had fun, the ETs/60s/Traps show what each truck/drive/combo can do and that's all that matters, in my opinion. FFS

Agreed!!!

Bottom line is both trucks ran impressive, consistent numbers in ridiculously bad conditions. They were polite and respectful towards each other afterwards and hopefully that continues moving forward. :eek:ldtu:

As far as I understand it the weight difference was only 90 lbs. With that being said I would expect the results to be exactly what the outcome was of the final race. JL has more blower and more motor so of course he should have the faster truck. The bottom line is both of these trucks haul azz and what they did today in the crappy conditions was just insane.

Hats off to both of them. I hope we can have more events like this moving forward. Now lets all get together and sing kumbaya. :thumbup:

I want to say today was a BLAST!..Yes jj/nuno beat me the 1st round and the second round,Regardless with my traction issues..I raced jj exactly the way he wanted too..and i lost!.My hats off to jj/nuno for stepping things up to make it an exciting Race!..The track was just not prepped enough for my set-up.I had a very hard time trying not to blow the tires off.Not making excuses thats just the way it was..I'm very happy with the way this 3.6LC KB performed Flawless in 90+* Heat!...The blower was just unbelievably cool to the touch after each run! i just had to keep adjusting the suspension to try and hook..I never once changed the tune up!..Yes nuno's truck was 90# lighter than mine according to jj. i couldn't see the scale.jj came over and read the scales for me.i have no reason to doubt him..No doubt the numbers show who is making the most power..(putting traction issues aside) we proved we have the dominate engine/blower set-up.Maybe I should have sprayed some meth as well.i'm sure this would have helped even more.but we do not have a meth kit on the truck.Again not making excuses. Under the race format i Lost and JJ/Nuno won!..Nice Job and Congrats JJ and Nuno..:eek:ldtu: JL

60' 330' 1/8 1000' 1/4 mph
RD1 JLP 1.671 4.321 6.490 112.43 8.374 9.973 141.40

RD1 WMS 1.454 4.099 6.318 109.45 8.274 9.941 135.61

RD2 JLP 1.648 4.372 112.07 8.450 10.044 141.97

RD2 WMS 1.485 4.140 109.04 8.320 9.989 135.43

RD3 JLP 1.446 4.012 6.150 114.03 8.009 9.586 (Low et)143.52 (High mph)

RD3 WMS 1.450 4.069 6.270 110.38 8.207 9.863 136.17

WMS 3 Quickest Run Average: 9.931 MPH AVERAGE: 135.73

JLP 3 Quickest Run Average: 9.636 MPH AVERAGE:142.80

I also ran my truck Back to back on 3 different runs just to see how it would do... 9.66,9.79,9.71 with 1.5 60fts!.no hookie:no:..a Total of 6 Runs!.:eek:ldtu:JL

Last edited:
Agreed!!!

Bottom line is both trucks ran impressive, consistent numbers in ridiculously bad conditions. They were polite and respectful towards each other afterwards and hopefully that continues moving forward. :eek:ldtu:

As far as I understand it the weight difference was only 90 lbs. With that being said I would expect the results to be exactly what the outcome was of the final race. JL has more blower and more motor so of course he should have the faster truck. The bottom line is both of these trucks haul azz and what they did today in the crappy conditions was just insane.

Hats off to both of them. I hope we can have more events like this moving forward. Now lets all get together and sing kumbaya. :thumbup:

+1 :eek:ldtu:

Seeing any vehicle run 9's in the heat, humidity, and even a DAMP/WET track in the morning was more than impressive! That first pass they made, I was actually in front of them to make a pass, and I HAD MY WIPERS ON :rofl: Granted it was on low just to clean the rain droplets off, even a little bit of rain hurts traction! Props to Nuno's truck for being so consistent on the launches despite the conditions, and props to JL's truck for laying down such high MPH.

And all this discussion on who "technically" won....nobody actually thought this would be SETTLED for good did they? LoL! JJ did get the 2 out of 3 for the 10, 12, and 2 passes as far as E/T, and JL had 3 out of 3 for MPH, and JL did run hot lap times in between those periods with faster times.

I think we all know what needs to be done....another rematch this fall in the cool autmn air conditions at the October 29th DelValLO Atco Rental :thumbup: I'd love it for that one if the two parties could combine both their format requests. 10, 12, and 2 races on full cool downs, then follow it up with a 2:15 and a 2:30. So its 3 cold passes, and the 3rd one followed up by two more hot laps to show not only how they perform cold, but also hot. JL did this today on his own, it'd be great to see how the meth stuff and whipple compares.

On another note, had an absolute blast today running Jekyll & Hyde! Despite the insanely hot, humid, and wet weather, it was an awesome day :db: Thanks to everyone who help put it on, and congrats to everyone :tu:

Last edited:
Back