throttle body

EXCITED

Thinking of getting a single blade TB
1. are the gains worth the $$$ ?
2.do you have to reprogram chip?
3.do they have issues malfunctions,etc..?
4.Which is the best one to get?
5. where is the cheapest place to get one?

thanks 4 the input

got this response on ford truck world ,will i need the tps also, whatever that is?

The type of TB you want depends on what you are looking to increase. A single blade will give you better top end but may hurt some on the lower end. You can get a ported TB which will give you better low end response and will miss a little on the top end.

I put a ported TB and ported plenum on mine and I love it. I got mine at REM for about $400 for the pair. A single blade will be about $400 for the TB only.
TB question
thanks for your input priceing would be nice also, i have a 01 chip /4# /denso IT 20's freash air etc..

Mike
We carry both the single blade accufabs as well as ported stock TB's with the TPS (throttle Position Sensor) and ported plenums. As mentioned above the single blade will give you better absolute top end and the ported units will give better bottom and midrange acceleration as well as "throttle feel". I feel dollar for dollar the ported units are a better value as you can get both pieces for less than the cost of a single blade TB
Paul

Question:
I'm running a stock 02 L. Would a chip be required if I installed your ported stock TB's with the TPS (throttle Position Sensor) and ported plenums?

Back