This Is Really Getting Kinda Stupid

bumperquip

As we are aware there appear to be issues with membership and renewal processing.

Apparently also the use of PayPal for membership payment is no longer an option.

As I stated in a related post I sent in my renewal check in late JAN and it was finally cashed mid last month.

I just checked my PayPal account and my renewal fee was also paid via PayPal on FEB 12th, apparently based on an auto-pay option, a full month BEFORE my check was cashed.

Not only have I paid my renewal fees without the reinstatement of my paid member privileges, I've paid twice ... once through a payment service that's no longer accepted by NLOC.

Like I said ... This is really getting kinda stupid.

Last edited:
Wait a minute.... now paypal is active again? I thought Dwight said it was no longer active.
Money was taken out of my account back in October through an "auto pay option". I don't recall ever choosing an "auto pay option" nor could I find anyway to shut it off. I still have not received anything and I'm still not listed as a paid member.
I thought... well at least next year I won't get a surprise debit in my bank account. Maybe I'll have to cancel my paypal account and start a new one?

Willie

I know this is a year later BUT here is the scoop

Year ago the paid member subscriptions were recurring
the recurring settings are in your PayPal account NOT in NLOC

So it not possible for Dwight or myself to turn that off - you have to go into the Paypal settings and cancel the recurring subscription

The current paid members subscriptions are NOT recurring JUST to avoid these issues

here is paypal link that should help

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?currentIssueID=59055&m=SRE

Sorry for the confusion and for the delay in answering

Doug ...

Can I speak frankly here?

Quit sweating the small stuff.

You DO NOT need to go back in time and address every stupid little ***** we all had.

Give yourself a break.

Everybody's pretty happy with your leadership.

Doug ...

Can I speak frankly here?

Quit sweating the small stuff.

You DO NOT need to go back in time and address every stupid little ***** we all had.

Give yourself a break.

Everybody's pretty happy with your leadership.

I'm sure this post isn't just about 1 guy. If its happening to him it might be happening to others.

Doug did help me solve this problem almost a year ago. I don't know why he is responding to the post just now.

The solution involved digging deeper into my paypal settings for the NLOC account and shutting off the autopay option.
I still have no idea how that setting got turned on!
Then capturing a screen save of the receipt for the charge (that had occurred six months earlier) and sending that to Doug.
He was then able to give me six months of membership for the twelve that I paid for.
I do understand that this was a problem that Doug inherited and not his fault.

He was then able to give me six months of membership for the twelve that I paid for.
I do understand that this was a problem that Doug inherited and not his fault.
I went ahead and extended it 6 more

I didnt realize you felt slighted by the over sight - if you did

I'm sure this post isn't just about 1 guy. If its happening to him it might be happening to others.
Exactly

The forum is ALWAYS one to MANY communication - even if its addressed to one person

Keep in mind hundreds of people read the site every day who never register
AND Many who are registered dont sign in

For example I received a $25 check today from a member that printed the old Member ship form in August 2012.
He has no screen name because he says he has no computer.
I took the membership form down a long time ago and stopped taking checks in June I think ...
He wrote that he wants a Blue large Tshirt
I dont have any - that's why I stopped shipping them with memberships
What I have left is in the Store
If he had a screen name or email I would let him know.

Back