Things are starting to come together

im having problems with my procharger cant get it to make more then 8psi..
Are you logging boost? When I 1st put mine together with no idler on the blower I could see the boost fall off as the RPMs went up. After the idler it got better and it would make 8-9 or so by 6000 RPM. But that was with the giant 3.56" pulley. With the small pulley I hope I can get 15-18 psi out of it.

Ray, if you have a hub made, let me know the price. If you don’t mind, I may go in with you and get one for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I have one of the infamous hubs! Can run a "4lb" lower pulley ring with stock water pump. 8.6" lower with a 3" upper on a Novi will scream lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I’ll talk to Lee tomorrow, also been toying around the idea of a tensioner like the newer cars run. I noticed Jon Bond sells a couple of brackets that allow a tensioner to be mounted on a Novi. I picked up the 17mm one to try and also have a Gates heavy duty tensioner on the way. I doubt I will get lucky enough for a fit, but it’s a start!

a7a421096c8301d3206e8b9918dcd86e.jpg

Finally got the paddle shifters all wired up. I think these are going to be more fun than I thought! Have only driven it around the block, but they work great. Have the Quick 4 setup to go in to 1st when stopped, which is a nice feature for the street. Ended up using the fuel tank selector switch as my manual shift enable and the airbag light as my indicator. Now to try to video without crashing

d2d5810ac92dd3a2b25726450a6c4162.jpg

I really liked the TUTD function on the Quick 4. I did the cruise control button thing - it was actually a huge benefit because I had issues with the Quick 4 going bonkers occasionally from the VSS reading, so being able to shift "manually" was super nice.

I see they've added that functionality to the PxS firmware now. Something else to play with!

Actually had a full day to devote to the truck. Got the line lock all wired in and also connected the ground trigger side to the "Launch In" on the Megasquirt so I can use the 2 step. However I am not sure exactly which settings to use. I briefly tested it at 2000 RPM with spark cut (you can choose spark cut, fuel cut, or both), timing to 1 deg and it worked as expected with a bunch of pops and bangs, but there's not a whole bunch of info on superchargers and 2 steps. So I need to get that sorted before really using it. I also had to really crank down (clockwise) on the brake prop valve as the front brakes wouldn't hold when testing just the line lock. They seem much better now, but it was late so I'll pick that up tomorrow.

Here's the 2 step settings in it at the moment.

2step.JPG

Really you're just looking to find the launch limit of the tires since you can't build boost at the line like a turbo can. You can use fuel cut, where a turbocharged vehicle uses spark cut to dump some fuel into the exhaust.

Thanks Jeff. Too hot today to test any of that, but I did a few miles on the freeway and a little bit of traffic. On the freeway running 65-70 it would creep up to the low-mid 190s, but as soon as I let off the gas or come to a stoplight it’ll cool to the mid 180’s. This is with 105 deg weather so cooling system seems OK.

4f6b8a047af0a91d5429f046df0a5335.jpg

Back